Been listening to The Sword album "Age Of Winters"

dangerous dan

• Members

very good album IMO. lament for the aurochs is an awesome track. jd and trivett were in a previous band together called ultimate dragons that i had the pleasure of seeing a few times. i remember trivett looking like he was trying to literally destroy his kit while playing.

• Members

They're a complete rip-off of High On Fire
:bor:

:rolleyes: They don't sound anything alike. High On Fire has more of a 80s Proto-Black Metal(Celtic Frost, Venom) and Motorhead influence. The Sword has more of a Sabbath meets NWOHM sound going on. Not to mention the two completely different vocal styles!;) Even if The Sword were a total HOF clone, the genre is full of copycat clones. You've got less than a handfull of bands in the genre that are really doing anything new and original with the sound. Everyone's out to sound like Kyuss(who sucked anyway), Sabbath, or Sleep. 90% of the genre is a rehash of those bands.

• Members
The Sword are into some serious dark, heavy {censored}, in the best possible way. Plenty of dirty fuzz and distortion tones all over it. And it's just relentless.

This record is awesome.
:D

Check it out if you can.

I love that album...I could do without the dragons, wizards, and witches lyrics though... :)

GRINGO

Archived