has anyone ordered Torres Engineering?

inscho

• Members
well I'm pretty stuck on a dimarzio twang king neck, and a duncan broadcaster bridge.....but what is reasonable?

Better quality and cheaper prices than most name brands. I'd call that reasonable. :) Plus you get to deal with a true legend in the music electronics industry, if that means anything to you.

• Members

BAD experiences. Wrong orders where they were almost impossible to get them corrected, and the don't offer (read: "are dicks about") customer service on a lot of their own kits, including one which the instructions were wrong and made the amp literally dangerous. Stay away.

• Members
ok I found his other site....haha...much better.
:o

Bill's site is
http://www.billlawrence.com/

Sorry if it's confusing, but that's the correct site. Here is his toll-free phone number so you can deal directly with him... 877-647-2651

The "other" site, billlawrenceusa.com is not Bill's company but a former partner who stole the name (legally) from Bill.

• Members

I ordered a BLUES STRAT pickup from Torres for the neck position in my strat clone. Got the pickup, the transaction went very well. The pickup sounds good but I'm not crazy about it. Nothing against the pickup really because the Dimarzios in the bridge and middle position are not outstanding either...

I guess it's more a question of continuing the quest for the right pickups for that guitar...

• Members

They stole a '65 Bassman from me about 12 years ago. To be fair, it was a business partner of Torres' who did it, back when they were trying to expand into other locations (maybe they still are?), but they did absolutely nothing to help or even offer to help, even when I spoke to Torres himself. I was perfectly cordial throughout the conversation & never raised my voice or lost my temper, so I don't think it was something I did that made them not want to help me.

Anyway, the amp sounded like complete garbage, having already been Torres'd before I got it (that's the only reason I took it to them).

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hello All, I think this might be the right place to post this...

To anyone out there thinking about buying a Torres Pickup, you need to read this! The following is a 100% true account of the most outrageously bad experience I have ever had with ANY company in 30 years of playing guitar.

On Thursday, July 16th, 2009, I called to order a set of Humbuckers from Torres Engineering. Their tech guy Jeff answered and was enthusiastic and helpful. He got me started on my order and Dan himself got on the phone to finish it. Both of these guys seemed terrific and Dan ended our conversation with

Archived