Short Scale Basses

desertlimosine

• Members

Ever since I put a bass pedalboard together, i've been playing a lot more bass :)

The bass I currently have is a Washburn Bantam bass that I bought about 6 years ago for like $150. It served it's purpose over the years, and is an ok bass to play, but I feel that a shortscale bass would be more comfortable for me.

I've been looking around and reading reveiws a few shortscale basses, these two especially:

471356.jpg

Gibson SG Reissue 4-String

and

269294.jpg

Anyone have any experience with these, or with Short-Scale basses in general? Also, post pics if you have them. :rawk:

• Members

i've had alot of fun over the years with my little gretsch bass. electromatic something? cheap ass hell, and you actually get a great sound out of that little pickup. not the most solid thing on earth but would be a good bass for people who are not as punk rock as me.

• Members

Ever since I put a bass pedalboard together, i've been playing a lot more bass
:)
The bass I currently have is a Washburn Bantam bass that I bought about 6 years ago for like $150. It served it's purpose over the years, and is an ok bass to play, but I feel that a shortscale bass would be more comfortable for me.

I've been looking around and reading reveiws a few shortscale basses, these two especially:

471356.jpg
Gibson SG Reissue 4-String

and

269294.jpg

Anyone have any experience with these, or with Short-Scale basses in general? Also, post pics if you have them.
:rawk:

The SG reissue is cool. Try one of the Aria CSB basses.....Those are fun!

:wave::thu:

• Members
By the way, something's up with the two new albums on your site. I'm getting 404'd when I try to d/l them, and I
need
them...

Yeah, my friend edited the site while at work, and didnt have the MP3's with him. I'll let you know when we have it uploaded. The newest album is my favorite so far, really flowing and meditative :cool:

• Members
The SG reissue is cool. Try one of the Aria CSB basses.....Those are fun!

:wave::thu:

Yeah, that SG looks amazing. I've tried out the epiphone version of it, and thought it felt nice. There is a red gibson one at a Guitar shop near me, I might try it out tomorrow and see how I like it.

I looked at the Aria online... looks pretty cool

:thu:

• Members

Off-topic, but I just want to join in the praise for PSR. desertlimousine, you guys do some great stuff! I also enjoyed the pseudo-cello teons you were getting out of your bass rig a little while back. Keep up the good work! :thu:

On-topic, natasmi, those basses look excellent, especially the Mustang! :love:

• Members
Off-topic, but I just want to join in the praise for PSR. desertlimousine, you guys do some great stuff! I also enjoyed the pseudo-cello teons you were getting out of your bass rig a little while back. Keep up the good work!
:thu:

Thanks man!

Yeah, i've been using the bass more often in creating synth, bassy, droney loops and such. Really fun and inspiring to switch up your main instrument, and explore new sounds.

Archived