Show your guitars!

inscho

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Midrange, whats the deal with the bigsby on that tele? It's got the typical tele bridge but thats not the typical tele bigsby. How do you have the strings going through? Little holes in the back of the bridge? If so, how do you account for friction and breakage?

I've been asked this a few times so I thought I would take a picture to show it.
Telebridge2.jpg
All I did was get my dremil tool and cut the slots in the bridge. filed 'em down so they're not rough. It doesn't look too pretty up close, but from a couple feet away all ya see is the big shiny bigsby anyway!

By the way, does anybody like the new look of the body? I've got a rosewood strat neck lying around, I think I might just put that on and leave it.
telebody.jpg

• Members
By the way, does anybody like the new look of the body? I've got a rosewood strat neck lying around, I think I might just put that on and leave it.

telebody.jpg

that doesn't look bad at all....the way you described I was expecting something really {censored}ed. :)

• Members

What did you use to darken it up? I did mine with reranch neck amber (the surf green tele i posted) and I think I went a little overboard.

I used the same exact stuff. I bought it to do my warmoth, and I had so much left over I figured I'd do the tele. I tested it over the existing finish (because stripping a neck is such a pain) and it seemed to work fine, so I did that and shot it with just a few thin coats of lacquer. the only things that looked a little funny was the last few letters of "telecaster" got a bit runny, and you could see the glue around the tuners from when I plugged and redrilled the headstock.

• Members

I used the same exact stuff. I bought it to do my warmoth, and I had so much left over I figured I'd do the tele. I tested it over the existing finish (because stripping a neck is such a pain) and it seemed to work fine, so I did that and shot it with just a few thin coats of lacquer. the only things that looked a little funny was the last few letters of "telecaster" got a bit runny, and you could see the glue around the tuners from when I plugged and redrilled the headstock.

why did you have to redrill the headstock?

• Members

To put vintage style tuners on it. It's (was) just a normal MIM tele

That's weird you had to do that. I switched to vintage style tuners on mine too but didn't have to redrill the holes. They make conversion bushings that allow the smaller vintage style post to fit where a modern tuner was.

• Members
:cry:

This is one I'm sure I'll never sell. I love the neck:love: I scored it for $550 out the door, brand new; it was the best playing upper-mid priced Tele I could find and I played em all (60's classic, 72 Thinline, 72 Deluxe, etc). The weight is an added bonus. What do you think about a black pickguard on it?
:wave:

I sold it to one of my friends, so chances are I'll see it again. But I don't think that it was the guitar for me.

Black pickguard? I don't think I'd like the way that would blend into the finish. I actually like the pearloid on there :p

Archived