i'm in looping heaven

johnrambo

• Members

my headrush e2 came into today and i just got a chance to play around with it and i'm loving it. i find it much easier to get a seamless loop with it than with the sos function on the dd-20. the sound quality is very good (even on the extended time setting) and there is no added noise that i can tell. i love being able to add layer upon layer and then knock it back down to the original part and start over. why didn't i get this earlier?

• Members

impossible, and yes you do

somebody tell me more about the rc-2.

The E2 is intriguing to me, but I think I'm sold on the RC-2 since it has drum patterns built in. I think the sound quality is prolly a little better on the E2, but this is just a practice tool for me - not for live use...

• Members

how are the delays on the E2

or is it worth the price just for the looper?

i'll give it a better run thru tomorrow and check out the delay settings. i'm really only interested in it as a looper though. i'll keep a separate delay in front of it.

• Members

Lately I've been interested in the 16 sec delay or 2880. I love the 'snap to bar lines' feature.

You might want to look at RiffBox if you want to 'snap' to the notes that you play instead of trying to time your playing to a click track.

• Members
my headrush e2 came into today and i just got a chance to play around with it and i'm loving it. i find it much easier to get a seamless loop with it than with the sos function on the dd-20. the sound quality is very good (even on the extended time setting) and there is no added noise that i can tell. i love being able to add layer upon layer and then knock it back down to the original part and start over. why didn't i get this earlier?

I've been saying this, and people just seem to ignore me and drool all over their looping DD20. :rolleyes:

• Members

Thread Hijack: Anyone using any looping software on their computer? If so, what are you using?

EDIT: I'll be buying an RC2 eventually. Even if it's just for samples live. I'll have fun with a looper.

Well you can use Ableton.

Or some of these:

http://xmlizer.biz/cgi-bin/LoopersDelightReviews/kwiki.cgi?CurrentSoftwareLoopers

Ambiloop is my favorite.

• Members

i'll give it a better run thru tomorrow and check out the delay settings. i'm really only interested in it as a looper though. i'll keep a separate delay in front of it.

I was like that when I first got mine, but I have to say that the delays would be the features I use most, especially the tape delay setting.

The loop part of it is still good fun when I'm in the mood for it though.

• Members

I was like that when I first got mine, but I have to say that the delays would be the features I use most, especially the tape delay setting.

The loop part of it is still good fun when I'm in the mood for it though.

The delays are indeed good. The digital delay is awesome for tapping in a really long loop and setting the feedback so that each delay hangs around for a while but slowly fades out. You can really create some amazing textures with it, especially if you have another delay before it.

• Members

I use Ableton :thu:
But I will never use a laptop live if I have a choice.

I'm also interested in the RC-2.
It's nice and compact, I can use it for live looping or take some
stuff to a show (My music is just me - a one man operation).
The lack of reverse doesn't bother me, I think I'd end up over-using it anyway.
I can always use a pre-amp with a mic so I can loop vocals too.

• Members

I use Ableton
:thu:
But I will never use a laptop live if I have a choice.

I'm also interested in the RC-2.

It's nice and compact, I can use it for live looping or take some

stuff to a show (My music is just me - a one man operation).

The lack of reverse doesn't bother me, I think I'd end up over-using it anyway.

I can always use a pre-amp with a mic so I can loop vocals too.

I need to play more with looping vocals also. That seems like it could be a very good time. :thu:

• Members

This thread reminds me how badly I need to get my echoplex repaired.

I got one of mine fixed by Fuzzorama a couple of years back. Expensive ($300) but I got the whole workover, and it sounds better than it ever did. Now I'm too scared to use it live for fear it'll get stolen.

• Members

You might want to look at RiffBox if you want to 'snap' to the notes that you play instead of trying to time your playing to a click track.

Maybe a stupid question, but would that require playing all 8th notes or something?

• Members
I need to play more with looping vocals also. That seems like it could be a very good time.
:thu:

I've spent the last few days listening to A Silver Mt. Zion on and off,
in particular God Bless Our Dead Marines :love:
All those Canon-ing vocals and the way everything weaves...
That's what I'm about - the weaving :)

Archived