i'm in looping heaven

johnrambo

• Members
The delays are indeed good. The digital delay is awesome for tapping in a really long loop and setting the feedback so that each delay hangs around for a while but slowly fades out. You can really create some amazing textures with it, especially if you have another delay before it.

Havent tried that yet, but I will :thu:

• Members

Headrush vs. DL4 Looper?

What are the advantages to using the headrush instead of the DL4?

Well the DL-4 doesn't have the option to undo overdubs and start from scratch with the original loop, but it has 1/2 time and reverse which the headrush does not, and you can have loops with overdubs that are longer than the Headrush is capable of.

Both are great basic and intuitive loopers. If I had to buy one again it would most likely come down to which one I could find used for the cheapest.

• Members

OK.....

I've been using the DL4 as a looper since I got my DMM and don't need the delays any more. Sometimes I'd like to do loops that are longer than 32 seconds though.

How long is the time on the headrush?

I've got the E2 version and I can get 23 seconds (I think), although if you wanna do overdubs it cuts the time in half.

• Members

Maybe a stupid question, but would that require playing all 8th notes or something?

No, it recognizes any audio 'event' such as any note or chord you play. It closes the loop by timing it to that note or chord, not to when you press a footswitch or a click-track beat. You can also use it like a standard looper and time it to a footswitch press if you don't want to close the loop with a note or chord.

• Members

I've got the E2 version and I can get 23 seconds (I think), although if you wanna do overdubs it cuts the time in half.

Here are the specs on the E2:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/akai/headrushE2/HeadrushE2.html

Delay: 23.8 seconds

Tape Echo: 5.9 seconds

Looping:

Normal : 23.8 seconds, 11.9 seconds overdub

Extend: 35.6 seconds, 17.8 seconds overdub

Archived