To all of the amp, guitar and effects nerds: I am always satisfied with my tone!

RoboPimp

• Members

Last week I was jam with a few guys, the other guitarist was using a marshall DSL and 4x12, I was using a beat to {censored} 1972 SS 1x12" combo amp with a tired speaker, failing caps and a bad hum. At break the other guy said "that's the sign of a good guitarist, you are using that crappy amp and still making it sound killer!"

:thu::wave:

• Members

Last week I was jam with a few guys, the other guitarist was using a marshall DSL and 4x12, I was using a beat to {censored} 1972 SS 1x12" combo amp with a tired speaker, failing caps and a bad hum. At break the other guy said "that's the sign of a good guitarist, you are using that crappy amp and still making it sound killer!"

We should all take the opportunity to stroke Robo's ego and tell him how great of a guitar player he/she/it is.

• Members

i understand what youre saying and why, but my enthusiasm for guitar spans from actual playing to all the potential great gear thats out there. playing a '72 ss amp just wouldnt be good enough for me, unless i was from new zealand or bosnia, or something.:)

• Members
i understand what youre saying and why, but my enthusiasm for guitar spans from actual playing to all the potential great gear thats out there. playing a '72 ss amp just wouldnt be good enough for me, unless i was from new zealand or bosnia, or something.
:)

the amp is from canada, does that count?

• Members
i understand what youre saying and why, but my enthusiasm for guitar spans from actual playing to all the potential great gear thats out there. playing a '72 ss amp just wouldnt be good enough for me, unless i was from new zealand or bosnia, or something.
:)

what?!

• Members

When I first started playing I would buy gear that made me sound good. In the course of learning how to really play, and gaining the ability to sound good no matter what gear I am playing, I bought a lot of crap I really didn't need until I realized that it was actually me and not the gear. I don't feel bad saying it either...I practiced like a bugger for a long time to get there.

I have a Canadian SS amp from the 70's that I play through all the time...killer sounds.

• Members

You should've used your Bandmaster, and you would've sounded like a "Guitar
God". :D

• Members

:blah: :blah:

• Members

It's alright Zach, if you try you can probably squeeze a beat to {censored} 1972 SS 1x12" combo amp with a tired speaker, failing caps and a bad hum into your rack and grant yourself true tonal versatility.

• Members

It's alright Zach, if you try you can probably squeeze a beat to {censored} 1972 SS 1x12" combo amp with a tired speaker, failing caps and a bad hum into your rack and grant yourself true tonal versatility.

Ya... MMMKayyy

• Members

You use an amp - trust me you a not a good guitarist then - i use a shoe string and a 2x4 and people confuse me for the white hendrix :mad:

then i have to use that 2x4 to remind them i am an albino

Archived