Rehoused my Big Muff

cromulent

• Members

I rehoused mine and added a mid knob a few months back. It saves tons of space and lots of people ask about it. :)

frontsq2.jpg

backzs1.jpg

(I drilled a little off center for the power. Whoops.)

compareaa8.jpg

open1mg5.jpg

It went from this:

pedalbopard121806dn7.jpg

to this:

onboardjz3.jpg

DEATH RAY LED :D

• Members

MrSages BMP's are cool,i check ya site occasionally...you need to add more content dude,cant get enough muff! PM me if ya want some material to add to it!

When i rehoused mine (months ago) i just threw it in a plain metal 1790,still yet to paint it and add some artwork.

• Members

Alright..

So I got the parts in today. A nice enclosure, knobs, a pretty orange LED and holder. A true bypass switch, an ac jack, etc..
(yea I had to run to radio shack to get jacks.. yuck!)

I go to the site that I had been looking over, studying, and start on the project. The only thing is, it seems as if my PCB doesn't exactly look like either of the green muffs on the site. In fact, it looks a little like both of them.

Well I go by the one that looks the most similar to mine, and I start by wiring the AC jack. all goes well. Then I dissasemble the entire thing. Plug it in, and it works great (other than some hum because of the lack of grounding.

Then i get to the rewiring of the pots and switch. This is where I think I could have gone wrong. As far as I can tell, the switch is wired correctly. I did not wire the tone, vol, or sustain pots at this time, thinking it would still be functional. I plugged it in, and nothing. Not even the LED. Tried it with a battery, tried it with an AC adaptor. Nothing.

Then I go over to the other tutorial and notice that they just start taking out wires and had more of a "from scratch" approach to wiring. I thought Id try that. Didn't look too hard, right?

Well, I start clipping wires as said on the site (not blaming anyone at all, even if it sounds that way!) and before I know it, I end up with this:

MUFFGUTS.jpg

MUFFBOARDFRONT.jpg

MUFFBOARDBACK.jpg

Can someone please help me. I went by the schematic on the site, but I am not the smartest with these kinds of things. I followed and labeled all of the wires, but it just got to be a little too much. I could really use a hand, I dont want to think that i just screwed myself out of all of these parts, plus my $100 muff. That would stink. If anyone has any ideas, or would like to draw me up a wiring diagram with the photos i have provided, I would be eternally grateful. I really want to use this and was looking forward to it. I hope I didn't bite off way more than I can chew.

Thank you for any help in advance. I may start a new thread with this same info. Feel free to reply here or there, or just PM me.

-Robby

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Archived