Rehoused my Big Muff

cromulent

• Members

First time I did something like this, but I think it came out pretty nice. Really tight fit but I managed to get it all in there. So tight that one of the jacks was touching the metal enclosure and shorted it out or something, but I reset it and it works now. Measuring and drilling - took forever! Still need to get some different knobs. Maybe some white chicken heads. Also need to decorate it somehow...

• Members

First time I did something like this, but I think it came out pretty nice. Really tight fit but I managed to get it all in there. So tight that one of the jacks was touching the metal enclosure and shorted it out or something, but I reset it and it works now. Measuring and drilling - took forever! Still need to get some different knobs. Maybe some white chicken heads. Also need to decorate it somehow...

Sweet!

• Members

Let me ask you guys..

I have an old green "rounded letter" big muff that someone painted horribly. I have built a few simple pedals, and am handy with a soldering gun.

How hard is it to recase one?

are the knobs wired to the circuit board? directly atttached?

im guessing you installed a new switch?

I really want to rehouse one, and add an AC adapter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Members

Let me ask you guys..

I have an old green "rounded letter" big muff that someone painted horribly. I have built a few simple pedals, and am handy with a soldering gun.

How hard is it to recase one?

are the knobs wired to the circuit board? directly atttached?

im guessing you installed a new switch?

I really want to rehouse one, and add an AC adapter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See my rehousing guides for some help.

:)

www.voxblues.com/guitar/muff

• Members

Congrats. Mine was rehoused by Inscho then sold to me. It IS a tight fit. Electrical tape is your friend, because certain components, if they come into contact with the bare case, will short it out and you'll get no sound (not a huge deal - it won't ruin the pedal).

DSC04785.jpg

• Members

Congrats. Mine was rehoused by Inscho then sold to me. It IS a tight fit. Electrical tape is your friend, because certain components, if they come into contact with the bare case, will short it out and you'll get no sound (not a huge deal - it won't ruin the pedal).

DSC04785.jpg

That red case is nice! Electric tape is a good idea, thanks!

Yeah, the pedal used to fit on my board but lately I got some new pedals and didn't feel like bringing an extra bag to practice just for one bigass pedal.

I didn't resolder anything, but I guess I could have since there are a lot of long wires that get in the way.

• Members

This was the last green one I did. I left the jacks intact to save a little internal real estate:

IMG_0455.JPG

i came across your webpage doing a google search and just wanted to comment on how good of a job you did of going thru the process step-by-step with pictures. i think i'm gonna jump in and rehouse mine. i want to finish mine in a military green color with a big black PI logo.

• Members

i came across your webpage doing a google search and just wanted to comment on how good of a job you did of going thru the process step-by-step with pictures. i think i'm gonna jump in and rehouse mine. i want to finish mine in a military green color with a big black PI logo.

Thanks! I had some fun with it. I keep meaning to upload another photoessay, but haven't gotten around to it...

The green would be very cool...or even a camo paint scheme if you're ambitious. (though flat olive drab might be a bit easier!)

Archived