New Ultra Modulated Delay/Chorus/Flanger/Tremolo/Pitch Shifter/Vibrato - Prototype

konsole

• Members

Hi there, I need some feedback on a new pedal I'm designing. It is basically a regular delay pedal with a {censored}load of modulation options - you can hook up a 4/8 step sequencer, LFO, envelope follower or expression pedal to modulate either the delay time or the volume of the dry signal. This thing can create all sorts or insane and also fairly nice sounds, you can check out videos here : Konsole Blog

The Delay has an internal FX loop that can be switched between the wet and dry signal lines and also an oscillation mode.

The feedback I need is regards the market potential and overall price of this thing. How much would you guys be willing to shell out for this sort of thing?

EDIT : I would like any ideas (The crazier the better) regarding any of the new pedal designs featured on my blog. I want to make these things the most interesting and exciting pedals on the market!

• Members

I would say that price range would do the trick. There are several delays (Memory Lane, Echolution to name a few) which are beyond that range. And while they still sell well, the price is a hindrance for the "prosumers" around these parts. But then again, unless the pedal is $40, then you'll still get someone belly aching about the price. :D

• Members

I hate having to price my own gear up. I get so attached to it! I'll definatly price mine well short of those two pedals. Crazy prices for them!

I'm releasing a range of pedals and modulation devices soon. The Delay, a fuzz a feedback loop/tremolo a sequencer, lfo and envelope follower. You'll be able to buy each one individually - a sort of 'construct your own modulation device'

• Members

I can still build all the effects I used to but this next range of devices I've come up with are just a step ahead of anything I've come up with before - you can get traditional tones as well as wacked out sounds with them. I expect my new site to be up by the end of next week. The Electronic Battle Loop will look like this - ebl.gif

And when you combine it with either the Electronic Battle Sequencer or Oscillator which look like this-

ebo.gif

ebs.gif

it'll do modulated feedback or classy tremolo!

You can get a sneak peek at the rest of my new pedals on my BLOG.

• Members

The delay looks very interesting! The step sequencer is a novel addition and I think people will dig it.

Pricing is always tricky. If you aren't doing this to pay the rent then you have more flexibility. It depends on what you think you should get paid per hour for labor, then add in parts costs, shipping, boxes, and all the sundry consumables that always seem to be running out. The only thing I would say is don't sell yourself short by undercutting your prices. Be fair, but make money too. As you probably have already seen, r&d costs do add up.

Anyway, congrats on the new line. Exciting stuff.

:thu: :thu: :thu:

• Members

This collection of pedals looks absolutely amazing! This is exactly the kind of thing that gets me gasing. The only thing that would give me pause as a consumer is the idea that, in order to get in to really cool sonic territory, I would have to buy each and every module. Three or four hundred dollars would not at all be a deal breaker for me to get the capabilities described. But, three or four hundred dollars each, multiplied by 6 pedals would push it out of my personal range.

Are the modules compatible with non Battle Weapon pedals? If so that would really open up demand for them. If not, I would be interested in a pedal that combined the delay and some of the other functionalities. I'm sure adding all of the features to one unit would be too much, but something like a single-unit delay with the sequencer and oscillator would be extremely desirable.
:thu:

• Members

I'll wait til the site will be up and there'll be further infos and clips to understand clearly how the modules sounds like both as standalone pedals or/and matched together; from the video it's not clear how the delay sound is affected by other modules.
I'm sure about the sequencer that seems really amazing, and about something like the sonic bomb or something capable to do the same stuff.
It looks like i could spend a lot of money on those pedals.
So, about prices: i could spend too 200$-300$ to get my cup of tea, but scared of being a tea addicted.
What happens if i get mad for three or more of this pedals? you could think about special deals for multiple combinations:D

• Members

Well i was thinking about priceing the delay at around $150-$250, the fuzz at $120-$170 and the loop at $150-$200 (The tremolo mode on this is really getting good, I can't believe I added it as an after thought, even though the possibility was always there in the design!) with the modulation units at $100 - $170 (for the sequencer). Possibly slightly more as I'm resident in the UK with UK prices :( The delay is currently digital, to make it analogue would take the price too high for my target audience I think, but it depends on demand! The Fuzz and Loop are full analogue though.

The Modulators will be compatable with other pedals, all you will need is a small adaptor and you will be able to plug them into a standard expression pedal jack. They are optimised for my designs though so you will obviously get varied results - I can't field test every pedal in the world!heh.

Dano- Nice site, the FKR looks awsome! I'm not going to be looking to pay the rent with these, just yet. Just a few student debts! I may look to moving it on in the future - I have a few interesting ideas involving making custom guitars.

• Members

I'm based near Hull, East Yorkshire. I spend a bit of time in Nottingham as well though. I've finished all of the prototype designs on breadboard and I'll be starting to build the first rn of each box in the next two weeks. I'll try get some sound samples of the breadboarded prototypes to give you guys an idea of what each effect is capable of.

I have a question with regards the delay - would you guys prefer a 'stereo' mode or a dual effects loop(i.e. you can have different effects on the dry and wet lines of the delay?

• Members

I have a question with regards the delay - would you guys prefer a 'stereo' mode or a dual effects loop(i.e. you can have different effects on the dry and wet lines of the delay?

Maybe could be more interesting a dual effects loop; there are many delays that can run in a stereo mode. I'm sure keeley mods the DD-3 to insert in the effect loop other effect that affects (i'm not sure) only the wet lines. Probably the effect loop for both wet and dry signal is a feature that could immediatly identify your delay...

Archived