Phase 45

PFDarkside

• Members

I just recieved a script Phase 45 in the mail, this thing rocks! I think it's officially my favorite "simple" phaser now, I like it better than the Small Stone. Why doesn't Dunlop make the Phase 45? It's 10 x's better than the Phase 90, IMO, it goes from Breathe washes to phasey goodness to faux Leslie all without croosing the line of being tasteful.

(Granted, I've never played a vintage script Phase 90, only a vintage block and all the modern ones)

So if you're searcning for the perfect one knobed phaser, get a Phase 45 or a Tonefactor Nebula! :thu:

• Members

In a sense, more mellow but the LFO sweep is very linear, it doesn't have that "hump" that the 90 has, that's why I like the Small Stone a lot more than the Phase 90. Dude, try it out at the store, what's there to lose? Either you like it or not. Just think how much a new EVH or Custom Shop Phase 90 is, that's about the same price.

• Members

What about the Phase 100...can you get a mellower 45 sound with that having more flexability?

i would presume not..

i havent tried the MXR 45, but i have a DOD 201 and i believe they are very similar. the 2 stage phasing on these means that even with depth and regeneration controls galore a 4 stage phaser won't get close.. actually is the Phase 100 a 6/8 stage phaser or a 4?

i just remember the Phase 100 sounding like there's a bit too much movement going on. it needs an independant depth control too.

the DOD 201 Phasor is awesome.

• Members

Haven't plated a real 45, but the Nebula I had was way too Vibe-flavored for my taste.

I had a late '70s block logo Phase 100 that was really sweet - IMO, it could be way more subtle than the Nebula with certain settings. It also nails the whole Rolling Stones 'Some Girls' album to a tee...

Archived