Neil Young fans?

• Members

I've rediscovered my Neil Young Decade CDs from about 10 years ago, I forgot how much I love 70's Neil. In my mind, those couple of CSN&Y albums were better than any of the CSN ones, he brought a great edge to the band and the sound. Not to mention his solo stuff like Cinnamon Girl and Down by the River. :thu:

Any other fans?

• Members

I saw Neil Young back in the 90's when his touring band was Booker T. and the MG's. I thought, "what's Neil Young gonna do with a soul band" but Booker T, played it like Crazy Horse, I mean they howled, it was heavy.

Soundgarden was the opening band, it was one of the greatest rock shows I ever experienced.

• Members

love neil young, not that much love for csn(y) though

harvest is great and lots of others

Harvest is an outstanding album...

(I guess I got carried away with CSNY in my post, I am thinking of his solo stuff, mostly.)

• Members
I saw Neil Young back in the 90's when his touring band was Booker T. and the MG's. I thought, "what's Neil Young gonna do with a soul band" but Booker T, played it like Crazy Horse, I mean they howled, it was heavy.

Soundgarden was the opening band, it was one of the greatest rock shows I ever experienced.

I saw that show too. :thu:

It was at the Garden State Arts Center. It rocked! I loved Neil doing "Sitting By the Dock Of the Bay" solo on piano at the end.

I believe Blind Melon went on before Soundgarden too.

Archived