Foxx Tonemachine vs. Dano French Toast

zinzin

• Members

The proof is that I sold the FT since it was a piece of a crap. I never owned a Foxx, but I played one in a store, and the Foxx just sounds better, probably due to higher quality compnents.

The French Toast sounds fine to me. Great way to make f$%cked up noise. It is however a bit too flimsy and I don't like what it does to my signal in bypass mode.

I wish there was an easy way to rehouse it and make it true bypass. If somebody here already did, please post a detailed tutorial on how to achieve this. Would be very much appreciated.

• Members

I got a French Toast recently and it does octave up fuzz good enough for me. The 2 fuzz tones are useful in yup, that {censored}ed up way.

I played a Captain Cocnut 2 recently also and the octave is great on that (made me get the FT) but the CC2 is much more polite, the FT is ugly in a good way.

• Members

I've known of a few people who said that they sound so similar that they sold off their Tone Machines. The difference obviously wasn't big enough to justify the TMs' price.

I have one myself, and I really like it. I don't really get why people say it sounds "{censored}ed up"...the fuzz mode is cool, and the octave mode tracks great for me...

I don't believe that the mini pedals have enough space in them for a TB switch, but if you rehouse them, it would be really easy.

• Members
The proof is that I sold the FT since it was a piece of a crap. I never owned a Foxx, but I played one in a store, and the Foxx just sounds better, probably due to higher quality compnents.

You know that the guy that made the Foxx pedals is the president of Danelectro right? Steve R. is his name if you want to look it up.

The FT sounds just like a Tone Machine for half of the price my man. Are you sure that you played all of them :D

Archived