My band broke up.

EvilSoup

• Members
:wave:

:idea:

my band is on teh lame hiatus. we get all into it and jam and write and play shows for a few months, then we just kinda stop for a while. im getting sick of being teh guy who arranges jam spots, calls teh other guys and makes sure they can jam, buying everything etc... i need dedicated musicians...

sorry to hijack yer thread evilsoup...

did teh monsterpiece get there yet:confused:

• Members
That's what happens when you're not born rich. It also doesn't get you gear like yours before you graduate from high school.
:freak:

Oh geez, I got Markom'd. :o

All my money goes to my gear because I can't resist GAS. :eekphil:

I don't know, I'm probably going to get a job at best buy or something now.

It's just that even people with jobs can usually have enough time to practice 2/3 times a week.

My drummer for some reason has this painting job with his dad that takes up all of his time and he can't schedule time off.

I'm 18 and I just graduated btw.

• Members
I'm 18 and I just graduated btw.

Oh so you didn't have any of your gear until last month, I see. :rolleyes:

Anyway, theres nothing wrong with having rich parents, but it ain't cool to calling people lemmings for working and being busy when you don't have a clue. It definately looks bad and won't gain respect from most people. Not trying to be mean, just trying to help out. :wave:

• Members
Oh so you didn't have any of your gear until last month, I see.
:rolleyes:

Anyway, theres nothing wrong with having rich parents, but it ain't cool to calling people lemmings for working and being busy when you don't have a clue. It definately looks bad and won't gain respect from most people. Not trying to be mean, just trying to help out.
:wave:

Aw jeez man I was kidding.

"slaves to the man" you think I'm serious?

:lol:

• Members

our band also just broke up somehow, our drummer and keyboarder sayed last week they quit.

which is me guitar left with bass and singer, and i'm not sure if and how i (we) want to move on.... sucks

in our situation, its me who has a fulltime job and the others being students and so on. but it is me who is always there and has always 2 times a week the time and been in the rehearsal room, the others were the ones who didn't show up that often. yeah there were some time issues, but most of the time they didn't want to come for any reason.

so its not the job, its the people and if they are really wanting to, and if they don't really want there are tons of excuses

• Members

Yeah thats what I was saying,

But it isn't just time issues though.

Basically our bassist/guitarist/singer decided that he wasn't really into music that much anymore. The drummer didn't officially quit as I haven't talked to him, but he is really busy getting money to pay rent and such. He has said before that he drums for fun though and isn't really in it for improving and getting better.

It sucks because we just got a 4th member who was interested in being in a dedicated band and we just split up. It was right before we were going to start writing again too.

I don't really know what I'm going to do quite yet.

• Members
Aw jeez man I was kidding.

"slaves to the man" you think I'm serious?

:lol:

Let me put it this way. If I was in a band with a guy who had money and free time, and then he was making fun of for being a sucker who works for "the man" I wouldn't be to amused.

Archived