Well I finished my board last night...

TeleMan1985

• Members

...Downsized to 9 pedals now. For the first time ever, every pedal on my main board is top quality and I don't anticipate changing it for a while now. My tone is the best it's ever been.

As a result however, I now have a heap of stuff left over. Some of the stuff I know I'm going to sell, but some of it is so cheap new that I know it probably won't sell, and while it is cheap, some of them are actually not bad pedals. So I had an idea. Using a belcat delay, a Dano FAB chorus, a Behringer graphic EQ, an Arion Tubulator, a little tuner and a Volume Pedal, I'm thinking should I make a little second board for my plug in acoustic or for noodling around with clean sounds late at night that I can just throw in a cupboard and then pull out when I feel like it? Or do you think now my first board is top-notch, that this would just be a dust collecting white elephant and I should just try and get rid anyway? Suggestions and pictures of your own small, cheapo, backup practice boards would be cool... :)

• Members

I think those pedals would make quite a good little acoustic board:thu: but I hate having stuff around that I don't use (not just pedals) so if I have something that I don't really use I usually ebay it straight away. I'm not a fan of clutter:)

• Members

I think those pedals would make quite a good little acoustic board:thu: but I hate having stuff around that I don't use (not just pedals) so if I have something that I don't really use I usually ebay it straight away. I'm not a fan of clutter:)

I hate clutter to. That's my dillema!

• Members

ok then, what about the cash issue, could you buy something else that you would use more with the money you got from these? If so I'd say sell them. If they aren't worth anything much and your just gonna spend the money on beer and fags, then I'd keep them:lol:

• Members

Why don't you rehouse all the cheap pedals into a strip? The delay might be a little tricky but the rest of them should be simple. Then you just have one long box with a 5 buttons or whatever , and no one has to know what's inside :-)

• Members

I tried to have a main board to keep at rehearsal space (drummer buddy's warehouse) and a smaller one for the house. Slowly but surely they all converged into one massive board that I lug back and forth now.

I want access to everything - all the time. Sick! : )

• Members

Why don't you rehouse all the cheap pedals into a strip? The delay might be a little tricky but the rest of them should be simple. Then you just have one long box with a 5 buttons or whatever , and no one has to know what's inside :-)

Unfortunately, as I have mentioned before, without even going near pedals, my knowledge of DIY extends to breaking flat-pack furniture while assembling, blowing stuff up and hitting my thumb with a hammer. Cool idea though...

• Members

I tried to have a main board to keep at rehearsal space (drummer buddy's warehouse) and a smaller one for the house. Slowly but surely they all converged into one massive board that I lug back and forth now.

I want access to everything - all the time. Sick! : )

This is another worry. I can't leave stuff alone. I think I will just get rid...

• Members

^ I can feel your pain. I was thinking about making myself a little backup board from my FAB drive pedals and my DanEcho, since I don't fancy my chances of selling them to the boutique crowd on HCFX, only I worry that I'll end up wanting to cram them on to my main board again eventually :(

Not more than a week or so ago I was thinking that my board was "finished", but now I GAS for:

CS-3 w/Monte Allums Opto mod

or

BYOC Dyna/Ross comp

and

Stuart Castledine wah buffer

BYOC Flanger kit (not released yet...)

1-button footswitch to replace the exp pedal for my DL-4

:idk:

• Members

^ I can feel your pain. I was thinking about making myself a little backup board from my FAB drive pedals and my DanEcho, since I don't fancy my chances of selling them to the boutique crowd on HCFX, only I worry that I'll end up wanting to cram them on to my main board again eventually
:(

Not more than a week or so ago I was thinking that my board was "finished", but now I GAS for:

CS-3 w/Monte Allums Opto mod

or

BYOC Dyna/Ross comp

and

Stuart Castledine wah buffer

BYOC Flanger kit (not released yet...)

1-button footswitch to replace the exp pedal for my DL-4

:idk:

Yeah, it's exactly that. I'll never flog them on hear, but it'd be wrong to throw them in the bin to because the're actually okay pedals. I suppose I'll just lock them up somewhere and pretend the're not there for now...

• Members

$.02

Be patient and buy only the stuff you feel is the best out there. Don't settle for a compromise, or you'll end up with a bunch of stuff that you will eventually want to replace anyway but have a hard time selling.

That's the point. The stuff I wanna flip is all crap I brought when I first started and brought cheap. The stuff on my main board is now all great quality stuff...

• Members

That's the point. The stuff I wanna flip is all crap I brought when I first started and brought cheap. The stuff on my main board is now all great quality stuff...

I have a couple of pedals that fall in that category, so I empathize. If you can't get much money for them, then there is another option: if you are into circuit-bending and playing Dr. Frankenstein, maybe you can try modding and experimenting with them.

• Members

Yeah, it's exactly that. I'll never flog them on hear, but it'd be wrong to throw them in the bin to because the're actually okay pedals. I suppose I'll just lock them up somewhere and pretend the're not there for now...

I'm going to do a couple of car boot sales in the next few weeks. If I can get

• Members

LOL, i was just about to say I might be interested in the tubulator because I don't have an overdrive, but now you've told me it's crap!!!! :lol:

• Members

LOL, i was just about to say I might be interested in the tubulator because I don't have an overdrive, but now you've told me it's crap!!!!
:lol:

Lol. I always wondered why I never got that sales job!

It's an okay pedal. Specially for 20 quid. But it doesn't live with what I have on my board now.

Archived