Stereo Electric Mistress - anyone else joneszin'?!

tenoken

• Members

I think this will be my next pedal.

stereomistress.gif

Do we know (or can we speculate):

When it comes out?

How much it'll run?

Whether it has a volume drop?

Whether the chorus mode is a least as good as the Small Clone?

I hope to replace my Small Clone on my live gig board. :p

• Members

I'm thinking the chorus might not be that good on it's own, I think to get the best out of this the chorus and Flange will have to be carefully blended together.....or maybe not!
:lol:

Hmmm. I am staying optimistic that the chorus is good enough. $118 isn't bad, as long as the flange and chorus are solid.

And speaking of the Clone Theory, how is the chorus on that?? I never heard much mentioned about that pedal.

I hope the SEM is a new classic!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hmmm. I am staying optimistic that the chorus is good enough. $118 isn't bad, as long as the flange and chorus are solid.

And speaking of the Clone Theory, how is the chorus on that?? I never heard much mentioned about that pedal.

I hope the SEM is a new classic!

I like the clone theory's chorus mode, but the vibrato mode is where it really shines.

www.soundclick.com/pedaldemos

• Members

You know what sucks about most stereo pedals.........?

Most of them don't have stereo inputs, so without an expensive router like the Switchblade or something of the like, you can only have one functional stereo effect on a pedal board.

meh.

• Members

Most of them don't have stereo inputs, so without an expensive router like the Switchblade or something of the like, you can only have one functional stereo effect on a pedal board.

meh.

I totally agree with this. One of the reasons I dumped the RV-2 for a Verbzilla. I REALLY want a stereo in/out panning trem. Then I can pan different efx to each side. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

• Members

meh.

What is REALLY insulting about this one is that it's DIGITAL. It shouldn't cost much to put stereo inputs on this.

• Members

I played one of these the other day and it reminded me a lot of every XO series EHX pedal they have put out. ABSOLUTE {censored}. The chorus is muffled and boring. The flange has a tremolo effect in addition so when it goes to the bottom of the curve the volume cuts out. When you turn the depths up to the point where they actually produce effect, you hear no actual guitar playing - just the swoosh of the pedal. I have no idea who passed this circuit for production but the pedal is terrible. BTW - overall volume drop = crap.

/rant

• Members

hmm nitefly my xo pulsar is the shizzle...

but what you said about the xo mistress is what i feared the most, and kinda expected...

I was so excited about this pedal. Until i heard it was digital. Now i'm not an analog corksniffer by any means, but in my experience with most digital pedals, they fail to deliver. Especially when there trying to re-create a classic (the electric mistress). What pisses me off the most is that it would have been so easy to just do an analog flanger, in an xo size, make sure it sounds "close" to the original mistress (cmon cant be that hard), and if you want stereo outs then fine. But what the {censored} is the point of it being digital? Wouldn't that actually make it more expensive? And chorus/flange? Um, what happened to colour, range, and speed...? The electric mistress is a flanger, not a chorus/flanger. That pedal shouldn't even have the EM title...

i dont get it. What was EH thinking? I love my big box mistress, and will allways be on the lookout for a vintage muff-sized mistress. But for now, my Small Clone and Nebula paired together, give me all the 'warble' i could ever need.

• Members

I played one of these the other day and it reminded me a lot of every XO series EHX pedal they have put out. ABSOLUTE {censored}. The chorus is muffled and boring. The flange has a tremolo effect in addition so when it goes to the bottom of the curve the volume cuts out. When you turn the depths up to the point where they actually produce effect, you hear no actual guitar playing - just the swoosh of the pedal. I have no idea who passed this circuit for production but the pedal is terrible. BTW - overall volume drop = crap.

/rant

Every XO series EHX pedal is "absolute {censored}"?

I think you're a bit over the top.

From my experience with XO and nano:

Archived