Pedal stomping and keeping your balance.

cromulent

• Members

Last band practice I had my foot dangling over the pedal I was about to stomp, lost my balance and ran into the nearby wall, almost hitting the guitar with it. Rest of the guy laughed their ass off, and I was just thankful the guitar didn't get damaged :)

I've done this many times over the years and wow I'm pretty clumsy I suppose. I think from now on I'm gonna keep both feet on the floor until the last second, then stomp it. I used to have the notion in my head that I need to stomp the pedal at the exact precise moment but now I'm started realize a 1/2 second here and there won't really matter that much. :)

• Members

yeh a lot of the time the changes are nothing an audience are gonna notice, but every now and then you've gotta be on it, so its either get good heel balance..or splash out on an expensive gig-rig type switching device. personally id rather take the risk and heel it-much more fun!

• Members

theres also the option of (re-)arranging the board so that you've got some space to work with; not necessarily empty space, but functional space. if you can rest your foot on the back/side/etc of a nearby pedal to help gain some footing -- big EH, old DOD & mxr, front/heel of a wah can be good for this -- then do it. of course balance paired with coordination is the best bet, but until you've got either of those, might as well stack the deck in your favor.

I'm a fan of putting one pedal on top of another so that when you hit the one it turns the other on too.

Nah, but seriously, i sit in a chair sometimes, and it works great, just looks nerdy with a tele and playing with a big muff.

• Members

To be honest, I've never really had a problem with balance - that is until I wrote a song that required wahed volume swells, yes thats right, one foot on each pedal.
I fell over a few times before we came up with the idea of never playing the song again.
That worked quite covincingly.

• Members

To be honest, I've never really had a problem with balance - that is until I wrote a song that required wahed volume swells, yes thats right, one foot on each pedal.

I fell over a few times before we came up with the idea of never playing the song again.

That worked quite covincingly.

wah wah boots nigga.

Archived