Boss '59 Bassman

• Members

I tried one in a music store. Wasn't bad. I have a SuperSonic amp that supposedly is based on the 66 Bassman, and the pedal got a similar type of breakup. I didn't get a chance to give it a really good workout, but it seemed like a good smooth OD pedal. Certainly gets in bassman territory. Not a high gain pedal by any means, but it's not selling itself as one either.

• Members

the only good new pedal by boss is the dyna comp, and maybe the metalcore if you twiddled with it for awhile.

The Dynacomp I know is an old pedal by MXR. Are you being facetious, or are you referring to something else?

c

• Members
I tried one in a music store. Wasn't bad. I have a SuperSonic amp that supposedly is based on the 66 Bassman, and the pedal got a similar type of breakup. I didn't get a chance to give it a really good workout, but it seemed like a good smooth OD pedal. Certainly gets in bassman territory. Not a high gain pedal by any means, but it's not selling itself as one either.

You nailed it. I have nothing to add :thu:

:wave:

• Members
I lied. What I also wanted to add is that I also have the Supersonic amp and I bought this pedal along with the Fender Deluxe Reverb pedal. Out of the two - the Bassman pedal is definitely my favorite !
:love:

hows the other one? deluxe reverb thing right? i have heard not so good things..... worth keeping?

i saw a couple FBM-1's go for 60 bucks on ebay. not bad. i do miss my 65 bassman blackface :( i doubt a COSM pedal could recreate that amps magic but who knows? i LOVE my re-20. just as u do rev ;) still need to get that expression pedal for it!!!!!!!!!

Archived