Boss RE-20

zinzin

• Members

First let me say that I am totally and utterly impressed by the RE-20, and have one on order as I'm typing this. It looks like it will replace all three delay pedals I'm currently using on my board... I even like the "preamp" section (the RE-20 even models the preamp from the RE-201) - just crank the input gain to where it sounds good, and go for it. Yes, it will make the overall signal hotter and louder, but hey... :cool: I'm not at all sure I will be running the RE-20 through a true bypass box (like I do with the three I'm using now).

Anyway, the twist feature sounds like you just cranked both the intensity (feedback) and tape speed knobs to max. The delay starts to self-oscillate while the pitch rises - in essence, it sounds like an oscillating delay where the delay time knob is (quite abrubtly) turned down. I can't really see myself using that effect much - I'd much rather have a "hold" feature (where the intensity is cranked to the point where the delay just starts to self-oscillate).

The reverb is ok, and while it probably won't make me turn the reverb off on my Twin, it will come in handy when I use amps that don't have reverb.

/Andreas

• Members

Thomann lists it, but apparently can't deliver (as usual :(). I borrowed one for testing from my local 4sound store, and am set to get the next one that comes in the door. Street price will apparently be in the 2200 SEK area, which isn't too bad considering.

/Andreas

• Members

whats the deal with these being a limited item? i saw one in a gc than it sold and i havent seen em in for about a month. the pedal has a strong used sales price on ebay i assume.

Apparently they make RE-20s in the same factory Nintendo did for the Wii.

• Members
Thomann lists it, but apparently can't deliver (as usual
:(
). I borrowed one for testing from my local 4sound store, and am set to get the next one that comes in the door. Street price will apparently be in the 2200 SEK area, which isn't too bad considering.

/Andreas

http://www.musikhaus-korn.de/Effekte/hs/Roland-RE-20-Space-Echo_58180.aspx

Archived