OT - Credit Card Fraud...has this happened to anyone???

Bruno

• Members

I just got home to enjoy the 3 day weekend and I have found out that some mother f$cker charged $4700 at a store somewhere on the other side of the world!!!

Then the {censored} head tried to charge $6K and the then another $7K!!!!!!! Man I am so mad right now I could kill the asshole!!!

The credit card company was really cool about it and said that I would not be held liable for the charges but they told me to check my credit scores down the road???? WTF does that mean?? Man I am seeing red right now!!!!!!!

Has this happened to anyone before? This card that was used is for taking customers out only so I have no idea how the number went into the hands of a scumbag!!!!

• Members

They said that the charge and attemts came from Bangkok at some auto salon?!?!?!?

Oh my God I have never been so bent out of shape before!

I am having my brother in law run my credit report at his job right now to make sure everything is cool :mad::mad::mad:

• Members

it has happened to me twice on 2 different credit cards. Somebody charges thousands of dollars on a cell phone bill that didn't even belong to me. I try to be careful whenever i order on line now. All i can say is check your credit card statement every week. Check it more often is better.

• Members

It's happened to me and my wife a number of times. I just call the credit card company the get rig of the bad charges and send me a new card. It's a bit of a hassle, because I have to change the card numbers for things like EZ-Pass, but otherwise it's a just a minor nucience.

• Members

after a gym took a payment out twice i totally quit using cards that allowed this sort of thing to happen.go to one of those POS check cashing things and eat the ten bucks it takes to get a pre-paid card.no one can charge {censored} to those except how much you put on it,it will refuse to be charged more than it has.if you have 49 bucks in there,someone charging fifty bucks will be declined.i just put exactly how much money im spending on it,and spend it,and then leave the thing empty until i need it again.the gym cant accidentally take an extra payment,some ebay dude cant lie and say i sold him something broken cus paypal cant reverse a charge on it,it even doesnt let you swipe it at the pump cus you might get more gas than you have avail i guess.i dunno it was worth it to me.even if i have to stand in line with a bunch of people who crawled out from under rocks to go get a 100$ loan..

• Members

The credit card company was really cool and there is nothing on my credit report that is funky so I have really calmed down now.

I only use this card when I take clients out and nothing else. I guess you never know what someone is going to do when they take your card at the end of the night to settle the bill

I really hate people that steal from others :mad::mad:

• Members
I guess you never know what someone is going to do when they take your card at the end of the night to settle the bill

I really hate people that steal from others
:mad:
:mad:

exactly, I wouldn't even let someone touch my card, let alone go off with it. :)

• Members

Everything will be fine! I see this all the time... don't worry about your credit report too much. The three reporting bureaus have gotten smart and realize that identity and credit card theft are, unfortunately, a common place occurance these days. No way in the world would I let this ruin my weekend. I work at a bank and you'll probably be OK... minus the hassle of a few phone calls.

• Members

I had someone steal a couple of cc #'s in the past. They bought a bunch of video game stuff (games, soundcards, etc). If you catch it quick enough, your cc company should reverse the charges for you (mine did). I would do a good spyware/anti virus/malware check on your computer if you haven't already. Those low life thieving bastards should burn in hell.

• Members

It's happen'd to me as well both with CC's & PayPal (which I no longer use).

I was checking my statement on-line and found a $3K+ charge that was never there before. I check'd who the payment went to and it was some .com art company in San Jose which then sold something to a guy in Russia. It took me about 2 months to clean it up but the thing that bother'd me the most about the whole situation was the CC rep was basically accusing me of not wanting to follow through on "my" purchase. I don't know how many times I had to tell them that I've only been to Souther Cali (16 years ago) & and sorry, never been to Russia but eventually it was clear'd up and I paid that card off, cancell'd the account and mov'd on to another company.

Hey, it sucks and is a huge hassle to get correct'd but I now only order from sites that have a https address and very limited.

Archived