Cool mic stands

Meriphew

• Members

I'm looking for a unique/cool looking mic stand (with boom, or angled enough to extend over pedalboard) to use live on stage. Anyone have any links or suggestions? So far the only ones that I've been able to find look like they're made for heavy metal bands. Thx.

Hetfield has a cool stand.

3_18062006120022.jpeg

• Members

6a00c2251e73cff21900c2252966d38fdb-500pi

custom made perhaps, but i'm seeing 1978 desk lamp stolen from dad's office/study in there.

a boom on a normal mic stand can be positioned so its 'sideways' -- stand it up and out, all in front of you, then swing the base over to the right, and position the mic clip sideways. gaff tape reinforcement as needed. tada.

problem with drum hardware is getting the mic clip to fit. and the floor space eaten up by them is a bitch.

I swear I'm gonna lose a front tooth everytime our audience knock my mike stand, while I'm singing. Even when I tape it to the floor. Damn, drunks, just wanna dance and have fun. The stage we play on is small, I guess it doesn't help.

get one of those foam mic-head covers, the ones that look like gene shalit, top right:

today1988.jpg

Archived