How wrong can I go with a cheap EQ?

neoflox

• Members

I am using the Behringer EQ700 since it came out and never had the chance to compare it directly with a GE-7 or the like. Although I have no problem with this pedals sound it really bugs me seeing that ugly yellow plastic between my other pedals.

How much can a good (+$

• Members

I've got a fish & chips and it works great for what I need.

However, I'll probably end up upgrading later on to the BYOC 10-band, simply because it's true bypass (although I don't notice that much tone being lost from my dano.. I just already have a lot of buffered pedals) and because there's more bands to choose from (the main reason). So I'd say the only reason to change is for better bypass and more bands.

• Members

First opinion saves me a lot money, thanks mister!

Oh and how do you like your squier with p90s?

I love it. Never thought a ~250$ guitar could sound so good. It gets real good reviews and I agree. No problems with od/distortion tone and it still can do the typical tele twang - mainly because of my eq ;)

Cheap and sexy, as I like it :lol:

(http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Squier/Tele+Custom+2/10/1) :thu:

• Members

First of all, pretty much all EQ's can be noisy especially if you boost anything. That's one reason I won't fork out for a proper EQ, I really can't picture it sounding that much better, unless you get into rack territory etc. I can only recommend the fish and chips, and compared to the behringer line, it's a bit sturdier to stomp on.

• Members

Well, first, I am curious if any other EQ would be worth the investion. I simply haven't tried any other EQ till now. If you had a boss ds-1 for example and never tried a boutique od, you had no idea what youre missing.

Second, it's not only the colour, i hate the wobbling switch. The FnC is a good deal I think, will give it a try...

• Members

Cheap EQ's are the way to go. I've had a Brownsville EQ for probably 8 years that was dirt cheap when I bought it (like $25-30). It works and sounds fine. Yes the case is cheapo plastic and the switch is a little suspect, but i really don't have any operational issues with it or the cheapo Arion EQ i got about 6 years ago.

Archived