Kansas appreciation thread.

willburford

• Members

OK, I'll chime in here! :wave:

My FIRST rock concert ever was Kansas at the St. Louis Arena. They were on tour for the Leftoverture album. That album stands the test of time...well worth checking out for those who don't know Kansas and have an interest in prog rock.

Other great songs include Song for America, Icarus, Dust in the Wind, and a number of others.

-- Joe

• Members

saw them once put on a good show not bad as players,but a bit pompus and seemed to have a large cheese factor. Remember the bass player was on the 700 club confessing his sins, and as a teen was blown away he spent more on blow than my dad made in a year. they got all born again and became journey light...lol.

• Members
Ha my first thought was who in their right mind actually likes kansas (the state). I've been waiting 21 years to get out of here.

The lead singer of a band I once saw said "Hey, we just got back from a tour in Kansas. You know, they say that in Kansas there's a good lookin' girl behind every tree. There just aren't any f'n trees."

I'm sure he was full of crap. Dorothy was from Kansas and I thought she looked pretty hot. :thu:

• Members

They were on tour for the Leftoverture album. That album stands the test of time...well worth checking out for those who don't know Kansas and have an interest in prog rock.

Memorable cover, too. I miss the days of anticipating the release of an album, saving pennies to get it, and then pulling that new vinyl from the sleeve for the first time. Ahhh, I can smell it now. :thu:

• Members

Much love for Kansas. I wasn't born when they were cool, but we had a record player growing up, and my older brother bought Leftoverature at a Goodwill because he thought the cover was so cool. We listened to that album so many times. He learned to drum by playing along with it. This was probably in the early ninties.

Still one of my favorite albums.

• Members

I loved the Bay City Rollers!

They weren't just called "Bay City", though, so they weren't named after a place. It was just a way of describing where they were (presumably) from. They were named the "rollers", and "bay city" was just an adjective of sorts.

Like I said, Chicago was fine when they were the CTA. The dropping of "Transit Authority" is what {censored}ed them. I wouldn't be suprised to learn that the Bay City Rollers fell into obscurity after dropping "rollers" from their name.

Archived