Drugs/cigs are such a waste of money

SpectralJulian

• Members

It wasn't a bad experience. After I came down I realized how much I had deviated from my original justification for taking such a reality-altering drug. I began taking LSD as a way to(sorry for the cliche)expand my mind. I was committed to staying focused while I opened up the doors to the other side. And in the beginning, I did just that. I have an entire "trip journal" dedicated to my thoughts, drawings, lyrics etc. while tripping. the drug helped a lot with my perception of music, film, poetry, and art as a whole.

But then it became just about tripping. I wasn't focused while on acid.I wasn't learning anything new. I could've very well picked up the drugs from my buddy the next day. Rather, I drove 30 miles out, picked them up, and then sped to the theater. Why? Just to see
Transformers
. I couldn't justify it anymore. I haven't really tripped since then. I want to but, it'll be awhile.

I think most responsible experimenters eventually stop taking LSD and other psychedelics because you get to the point you mentioned where you've seen life from a different perspective and the chemical no longer serves the function it once did. I got a lot out of acid in the 80's but haven't tripped since occasionally dropping in the mid 90's.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

some people think spending money on gear like we do is a waste of money, but it's only a waste if you feel like you've "wasted" your money on it. if it makes you happy then i wouldn't call that a waste..

Eat yourself out of house and home.

Go home - there's nothing there because

you ate yourself out of house and home.

Throw up. Do it again.

Eat a meal of nothing at all.

Why? It makes you feel better.

It's the only thing in your life you own.

don't know why it makes you feel better.

He's {censored}ing you, he's a total stranger.

Why? He's a total stranger

dick in you he's a total stranger

somehow it makes you feel better.

cut yourself up and down your arms

both arms if it makes you feel better

I don't know why it makes you feel the

I don't know it could go right

it's alright if it makes you feel better

• Members

All that money you guys save on weed from your small stealth grow setup you can spend on really cool guitar pedals.

:poke:

if done correctly you could probably get a DE7s worth every two months.no tell no sell no yell no smell and you are good to go.

fix'd

• Members
Eat yourself out of house and home.

Go home - there's nothing there because

you ate yourself out of house and home.

Throw up. Do it again.

Eat a meal of nothing at all.

Why? It makes you feel better.

It's the only thing in your life you own.

don't know why it makes you feel better.

He's {censored}ing you, he's a total stranger.

Why? He's a total stranger

dick in you he's a total stranger

somehow it makes you feel better.

cut yourself up and down your arms

both arms if it makes you feel better

I don't know why it makes you feel the

I don't know it could go right

:confused:

I think you need to say "total stranger" and "makes you feel better" about 20 more times, apiece....

WTF is this gibberish, anyway?

• Members
I think most responsible experimenters eventually stop taking LSD and other psychedelics because you get to the point you mentioned where you've seen life from a different perspective and the chemical no longer serves the function it once did. I got a lot out of acid in the 80's but haven't tripped since occasionally dropping in the mid 90's.

I agree. I still smoke herb and I might take some shrooms if they were around but I don't think I could handle an acid trip again. The thing about acid is that it enhances your state of mind, at least for me anyway, so if you're in a good place you'll have a great time. If you're in a bad mood or going through something heavy in your life it's gonna make for a bad trip. I was lucky, I never had a bad trip and I haven't done it in about 11 years. I also had tos stop cause at one point I was doing it so often that sometimes I couldn't put a coherent sentence together even when I was sober.

Now jamming when you're tripping can be a great experience and so is playing when you're stoned usually. Playing when I'm fully drunk never worked for me. One of the worst shows my band ever played was when we all got hammered before going on and two of us started the show playing one song and two of us were playing another. Not good. :lol:

• Members
I agree. I still smoke herb and I might take some shrooms if they were around but I don't think I could handle an acid trip again. The thing about acid is that it enhances your state of mind, at least for me anyway, so if you're in a good place you'll have a great time. If you're in a bad mood or going through something heavy in your life it's gonna make for a bad trip. I was lucky, I never had a bad trip and I haven't done it in about 11 years. I also had tos stop cause at one point I was doing it so often that sometimes I couldn't put a coherent sentence together even when I was sober.

Now jamming when you're tripping can be a great experience and so is playing when you're stoned usually. Playing when I'm fully drunk never worked for me. One of the worst shows my band ever played was when we all got hammered before going on and two of us started the show playing one song and two of us were playing another. Not good.
:lol:

Look at Ozzy. . . a walking anti-LSD poster.

• Members

wow, i don't even know where begin responding to so much anti-drug babbling, you should really do your research, and i don't just mean read about it for a little bit, but study it in great detail at length.

theres a difference between someone who trips occasionaly for spiritual and recreational use and someone who's just ruining their lives with it. but i would rather call that a war between the responsible and the moronic, not the drugs themselves.

humans have evolved to this point through trial and error...someone {censored}s up and dies, those around him learn not to do what he did...and thus knowledge is born. Smart people make good decisons, idiots make bad ones. I'm pretty sure we all understand evolution.

know your substance

know your source

• Members

No, spectral, we've never heard of "flashbacks" before.:rolleyes:

Where did you ever get the notion that LSD can "cause psychosis"? Not from the DSM-IV, that's for damn sure.

Have you studied a great deal on the subject, or are you just hawking some Nancy Reagan catchphrases you've heard, or better yet, observed "some guy you know"?

• Members

Well, LSD affects you for the rest of your life, especially if you take a lot of it like Ozzy did.

You know LSD can induce flashbacks years later or cause psychosis.

certainly. and as somebody who has done countless years of research into these issues, you shouldnt be disbelieved, i'm sure.

somebody who has never met the man, yet has summed up the psych- and pysch-chem issues (issues which are 30+ yrs running) with certainty, can induce tremendous disbelief and hours of laughter.

continue with your analysis. its a {censored}ing riot.

• Members
certainly. and as somebody who has done countless years of research into these issues, you shouldnt be disbelieved, i'm sure.

somebody who has never met the man, yet has summed up the psych- and pysch-chem issues (issues which are 30+ yrs running) with certainty, can induce tremendous disbelief and hours of laughter.

continue with your analysis. its a {censored}ing riot.

So, what, are you suggesting we should feed LSD to toddlers, now?:eek:

• Members
dude, they wont see flashbacks for years, why the hell not
:confused:

I heard about flashbacks all my life, and have NEVER had one. Not even the slightest hint of what might be construed as a "flashback". Liars piss me off.

I WANT MY FREE TRIPS, GOD DAMMIT!:mad:

Alright...just wanted to get that out of my system. I feel ripped off...I was under the impression that it was a "buy one, get one free" scenario....

Archived