The Dedicated Looper Lounge for the Guitarist

SUPER VELCROBOY

• Members

OK, Here is a clip I made using the Maneco Filter Eko 2. Please don't judge me for this clip. I haven't even had my guitar out of the case more than 4 times this year and what you are hearing is actually me gettting acquainted with the FE2 by just playing around while turning the filter/delay on and off. I found a setting that was "mild" for this machine, but you hopefully, can start to get an idea of the tonal possibilities of this pedal. Again, I apologize for the poor playing and obvious lack of direction. I literally had the record button pressed while I was screwing around with the pedal. In this clip you can hear the straight delay, then you can hear when the filter is turned on, you can hear a brief and inadvertent use of the reverse feature, I also had some sound on sound at the end and a couple of other things going on. I'll try to put together some better clips with a more focused approach, but hopefully you can get something out of this mess.

i liked it. It's very u2 in the first part

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So I have a DE7 and have been looking at a delay with looping features for home rocking out usage. I am very interested in the SMMH and the Headrush but lately I have been considering forgoing the delay and going with the rc20xl and just continue to use my DE7 as my main delay (I really love the echo setting on it).

Is the dedicated looper worth it or are the looping features on the delays good enough to warrant purchasing them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think I am going to buy a 2880 to go with my Timefactor. Has anyone here used the 2880 extensively?

I have a 2880 as well as an RC 50 and Gibson Echoplex they all have pros and cons but for sure the Echoplex is a killer deal at the $599 MF blowout- I used my 20% off letter from January and got it for $479!

btw if you get a 2880 - do get the foot control.

Then there is the new Boomerang coming soon. . .

• Members

I have a 2880 as well as an RC 50 and Gibson Echoplex they all have pros and cons but for sure the Echoplex is a killer deal at the $599 MF blowout- I used my 20% off letter from January and got it for $479!

btw if you get a 2880 - do get the foot control.

Then there is the new Boomerang coming soon. . .

Which is better for live use? Echoplex or 2880?

• Members

Which is better for live use? Echoplex or 2880?

The 2880 is multi-track, but it cannot cut stuff upin the way the Echoplex can.

Two totally different beasts. Which is more suitable for live OR studio depends on just what you want to do.

• Members

A'ight - I've asked over at the Music Electronics Forum already, and with no answers yet, but I'm hoping the high concentration of loop-heads in this thread will have my answer.

I need to find a source for the intermittent switches used on the DL-4 PCB. I already have a set of 4x new spring-actuators on the way from Small Bear, but my 'D' button is shot. Only responds about 25% of the time, even with the board out of the case pushing it directly with a finger or pencil eraser. HALP! :cry:

• Members

Yee-haw! I hadn't had any luck searching for the answer before, but I finally found the right string & it yielded a post about these switches on the Line 6 forum.

The part # is: TL1100DF160Q and the OEM was E-Switch. They are readily available for under a dollar from DigiKey, Mouser, etc. I'm going to get 10x on the way ASAP.

I'd still like to know the pn# for the pots as it'd be nice to replace them too, but I'll certainly settle for the switch for now. . .

Archived