Korg Kaoss Pad video demo

hurb

• Members

First of all I would like to explain that this youtube account has, been set up by the famous demo man mike livesly. He set it up so all members of www.shortscale.org could upload demo'S in there own style. And this is my first effort. keep an eye out for more no bull{censored} no box look through demo's from all members.:thu:

Part one

Part two!

cheers.

• Members
I couldn't get through all the sounds it does like the reverse reverbs and stuff. there's lots of usable sounds in there. not juts buzsdfekfbcsjd noises haha...thats just what i do
:thu:

I haven't tried using mine in a live situation. I mostly use it after I've already recorded the tracks, then I send the track out through the Kaoss and back into a different track. I'm still trying to decide the best approach for adding it to my effects chain. The line level inputs/outputs are a pain in the ass for guitar, but hurb's adaptor approach seems to work alright.

• Members

I haven't tried using mine in a live situation. I mostly use it after I've already recorded the tracks, then I send the track out through the Kaoss and back into a different track. I'm still trying to decide the best approach for adding it to my effects chain. The line level inputs/outputs are a pain in the ass for guitar, but hurb's adaptor approach
seems
to work alright.

yeah it works fine! would be better if they made a guitar friendly version though

• Members

yeah it works fine! would be better if they made a guitar friendly version though

Totally. I guess the original intention was for DJs, not guitarists. But that was a bit shortsighted on KORG's part.

This weekend I'm going to experiment using the Kaoss after the Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai looper. I like the idea of creating a loop, and then giving it the Kaoss treatment, and then feeding it back into the SMMH again and looping the Kaossed loop... or something like that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

so... what are the reverbs like on it? the tremolo? i mean - for the reverb - could it always be on? or is it one trick pony territory?

I've never used anything but the original kp1. It only does one effect at a time. The effects are very digital, very glitchy, and not very robust. It's strength is the ability to create some really wild sound effects, filters, and DJ type effects (scratching, sampling, etc.). I would not depend on the kp1 to be my dedicated reverb or tremelo unit.

• Members

so... what are the reverbs like on it? the tremolo? i mean - for the reverb - could it always be on? or is it one trick pony territory?

Reverbs are awesome! You can have it so there on all the time, just like a regular pedal.

The flager hoax is a beast of a pedal, and a demo is coming soon!

Archived