angular movements using extension chords

Walters9515

• Members
What is this Chord Melody? and how do u do chord melody? whats the basics of doing chord melody?

It is a style of guitar where both the chord and melody are played at the same time. Listen to any of Joe Pass's records. He is a master of this style.

This is also the last response I will give you. It's your job to figure this stuff out by reading and playing for long periods of time. I haven't ever had anyone teach me (other than the books I've read), and I have no intention of teaching you. Sorry but I quit teaching guitar a few years ago because I HATED IT! The little I know came from many MANY hours of work. I wasn't born with some talent for the instrument like others I've meet. It took me years of hard work to know the little I do. So for further info listen to Joe Pass, and try your best to understand what he is doing....even though you can't! :)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

1.) When i use the 6ths,7ths,9th,11th,13ths chords when i connect them, they sound "" ANGULAR" movements ,what am i doing wrong?

a.) Use chord inversions to try to connect them more "step wise" together

b.) How else can u "Avoid" making the 6th,7th,9th,11th,13th unresolved or angular?

2.) When composing melodies how can u "avoid" having a melody be Angular?

3.) Most of my problems is trying or knowing where to put the 6th,7th,9th,11th,13th notes at because they sound very "Angular" why is that and what am i doing so wrong

4.) My Modulations to different keys sound very "angular" why is that? what am i doing so wrong?

they relate only to the dominant, they are the names for extensions that are connected to a chord. why would anyone want to avoid angular unless one was hurtiling at you on the motorway

Archived