Is Zvex ever gonna make a delay?

Inertiatic_SKS

• Members

What does the expression mod do to the phaser? I have been DYING for a phaser with a footpedal to control the actual phasing, like the Morley Pro Phaser. When I saw the MXR Variphase came out, I got excited thinking finally someone might have done it, but as it turns out it only affects the phase speed. That's cool too(the Pro Phaser has this as well), but not as wild.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How long have you been listening to them? Im not judging you Im just interested to know.

Ever since Under the Running board. CI is what I still think of when I think of Dillinger, but bands evolve and their evolution was pretty predictable, imo.

Miss Machine sounded exactly the way i thought it would after seeing greg live, and after hearing the ep they did with patton. It was inevitable.

Ire works is wierd in a different way. There are a lot of abstract things going on that i really gravitate towards. I cant explain it. Like on "When acting as a Wave" for instance. There are tiny little bleeps and {censored} that go on throughout the song, but they mesh so well with the instruments that it just changes the feel of the song completely. That song reminds me a lot of the title track on CI. I know most people dont care about the small stuff like that, but i really do. I love the ambient vocals, the electronic stuff and the way it was all implemented into the Dillinger style. Its still Dillinger, there is no doubt.

I dont expect DEP to be the CI DEP. Its not going to happen. Bands evolve and i know Ben has had a pretty heavy background in electronic music, so I was personally just waiting for a more Electronic type of album. Miss machine had bits and pieces, but Ire Works is loaded with it.

CI was one of the most brilliant metal albums ever made, and nothing DEP ever does will come close to it.

Archived