OT: How's Columbus....

• Members

I've lived in Columbus for 17 years but I'm old and don't know the cool spots so much;)

Ohio State University area has some good nightlife and just south of there in the short north area of High Street is also interesting. There is actually quite a music scene with live acts in many places. Downtown is very boring don't waste your time. Not a great place for outdoor sporting excitement (except Buckeye football) but still there's always something to do between the zoo (it's pretty cool) the campus, Easton area and the short north....hope you have fun:wave:

• Members

Wexner center is cool, one time I saw "The kids are alright" there.

FYI Columbus folks, I picked up some cheap strings tonight. On the east side off of 270/e main st, there is a crappy little music store called Colonial Music. I bought some Daddario acoustic strings, and Yamaha electric's, for $2 a pack on clearance.

• Members

Wexner center is cool, one time I saw "The kids are alright" there.

FYI Columbus folks, I picked up some cheap strings tonight. On the east side off of 270/e main st, there is a crappy little music store called Colonial Music. I bought some Daddario acoustic strings, and Yamaha electric's, for $2 a pack on clearance.

I live like 5 minutes from a Colonial Music store, but I never have been in it. Are there even any good music stores in Columbus?

Back to the subject, I think Columbus sucks. It may be okay if you are just visiting, but any longer than a visit and it gets tedious. It is terribly boring. I have lived in a lot of cities where there was a lot to do, but there is almost nothing to do here.

• Members

I live like 5 minutes from a Colonial Music store, but I never have been in it. Are there even any good music stores in Columbus?

Back to the subject, I think Columbus sucks. It may be okay if you are just visiting, but any longer than a visit and it gets tedious. It is terribly boring. I have lived in a lot of cities where there was a lot to do, but there is almost nothing to do here.

No offense dude, but there are tons of fun things to do in Columbus, you must not be looking very hard.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

A few remarks:

1) I lived in Columbus for 4 years (2000-2004), and the city was not awful, but if you say that there are few places better, then you owe it to yourself to travel or maybe even live somewhere else for a while. Both of the cities where I have lived since then (Nashville and Santa Monica) have been 1000X better.
2) The music scene is mediocre and non-cohesive. I saw this from the start, and it was confirmed by several of my friends who were Columbus natives who were deeply interested in music. A low percentage of local acts were memorable.
3) Columbus exemplifies mindless suburban sprawl. Columbus has some of the most boring, stereotypical whitebread suburbs that I have ever seen. Oodles of them.
4) Without Ohio State University, it wouldn't be on the map.
5) If you do go, here is what you do...
-check out the art at the Wexner
-watch the hot sorority sluts sunbathing on OSU's campus
-eat some fresh doughnuts at Buckeye Doughnuts late at night with all the freaks.
-go to COSI
-go for a run along the Olentangy & Scioto rivers or through Victorian Village
-eat yourself stupid at Schmidt's in German Village
-check out the art galleries in the Short North Area
-raid the totally sweet CD collection that the public library has to offer
-go to a show at Bernie's, High Five, Little Brother's, or the Newport
-leave before you get too attached

• Members
A few remarks:

1) I lived in Columbus for 4 years (2000-2004), and the city was not awful, but if you say that there are few places better, then you owe it to yourself to travel or maybe even live somewhere else for a while. Both of the cities where I have lived since then (Nashville and Santa Monica) have been 1000X better.

2) The music scene is mediocre and non-cohesive. I saw this from the start, and it was confirmed by several of my friends who were Columbus natives who were deeply interested in music. A low percentage of local acts were memorable.

3) Columbus exemplifies mindless suburban sprawl. Columbus has some of the most boring, stereotypical whitebread suburbs that I have ever seen. Oodles of them.

4) Without Ohio State University, it wouldn't be on the map.

5) If you do go, here is what you do...

-check out the art at the Wexner

-watch the hot sorority sluts sunbathing on OSU's campus

-eat some fresh doughnuts at Buckeye Doughnuts late at night with all the freaks.

-go to COSI

-go for a run along the Olentangy & Scioto rivers or through Victorian Village

-eat yourself stupid at Schmidt's in German Village

-check out the art galleries in the Short North Area

-raid the totally sweet CD collection that the public library has to offer

-go to a show at Bernie's, High Five, Little Brother's, or the Newport

-leave before you get too attached

Most of your points are retarded. :wave:

Archived