Lo-Fi Crackle Fuzz...I want one.

Noise...

• Members

Devi, where can I get your pedals?

How much for the type of fuzz I'm looking for?

I do a better job of suggesting specific things (often times not my own fuzz's) if I can get an example video or sound sample of what you are looking for. :')

All of my small pedals are $65, and we'll have them up on ebay through out the next week and there after.

Let me know about that sample.

• Members

I thought you already had one? Did you sell it?

I had an Ibanez FZ7. It's up on consignment at a local shop right now to help fund the Double Muff and NYC Big Muff I'm picking up tomorrow.

It did the crackle/broken speaker thing pretty well, but any other setting was pretty mediocre.

Should I just go take that off consignment and just use it for the crackle stuff? I'll only end up with ~$35 from it when it sells.

• Members

I do a better job of suggesting specific things (often times not my own fuzz's) if I can get an example video or sound sample of what you are looking for. :')

All of my small pedals are $65, and we'll have them up on ebay through out the next week and there after.

Let me know about that sample.

I can't find any samples that show what I'm looking for. The only way I can better describe the sound is that I want it so that it "crackles out" like a broken radio if I hold a note down.

Really, the more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm wanting my FZ7 back. :(

• Members

I thought you had a Fuzz Factory? It's way more fun then the Ibanez FZ7.

Nope...No fuzz factory.

Yet. :D

But, a Fuzz Factory will do the sound I'm looking for? I know it does some conventional fuzz sounds, but will it get what I'm looking for too?

• Members

I want a good Lo-Fi crackle/broken speaker fuzz. I'm still waiting on my NYC Big Muff to arrive, but I'm pretty sure it won't do what I'm looking for.

What do you guys recommend for this type of fuzz sound?

add an octave up pedal and maybe a filter of some sort to the muff with less sustain dialed in... i use a green ringer clone with my green muff and it sounds very crackly / super fuzzy.

• Members
Nope...No fuzz factory.

Yet.
:D

But, a Fuzz Factory will do the sound I'm looking for? I know it does some conventional fuzz sounds, but will it get what I'm looking for too?

I don't know, I always found them to be too trebley and piecing, rather than "crispy crackle" type fuzz...

• Members

Nope...No fuzz factory. Yet.

For sure!

From the Fuzz Factory Setting List

Krackle Fuzz 1:00 4:00 10:00 2-5:00

Psychedelic Crackle 1:00 8:00 3:00 3:00

• Members

For sure!

From the Fuzz Factory Setting List

Krackle Fuzz 1:00 4:00 10:00 2-5:00

Psychedelic Crackle 1:00 8:00 3:00 3:00

Wow.

I just watched the demo video over at the Zvex website. In the demo he puts it on a setting he calls "velcro fuzz" which sounded exactly like what I want.

I now know that I want one. :D

How much do Fuzz Factories sell for?

• Members

Wow.

I just watched the demo video over at the Zvex website. In the demo he puts it on a setting he calls "velcro fuzz" which sounded exactly like what I want.

I now know that I want one.

How much do Fuzz Factories sell for?

I think you should investigate Devi's Torn Speaker pedal. Its 1/3rd of the price of a Fuzz Factory.

• Members

I want a good Lo-Fi crackle/broken speaker fuzz. I'm still waiting on my NYC Big Muff to arrive, but I'm pretty sure it won't do what I'm looking for.

What do you guys recommend for this type of fuzz sound?

VoodooLab SUPERFUZZ . . .

http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=xBn_0gAA1193795511&command=link--dms

. . . i like to clips, might be what you are after ! (?)

;)

• Members

wait there are NEW vexters coming out? i know there's the new vexter box of metal, but is the new fuzz factory getting revamped aswell? please clarify/proove if possible!!!

Use the search function.... can't remember where it's at, but it's very generic looking in a really cool way. :')

- - -

Also as far as that ripping sound, if you are indeed on a budget, or would like an alternative to the Fuzz Factory, check out the Never Drive at deviever.com

Might be too octave up for your needs... also, I've had experience with the FZ7, and hey... if that's the sound you like, then I say go get another one... I always thought it was a pretty unique lofi fuzz! They're pretty cheap still... right?

• Members

Use the search function.... can't remember where it's at, but it's very generic looking in a really cool way. :')

- - -

Also as far as that ripping sound, if you are indeed on a budget, or would like an alternative to the Fuzz Factory, check out the Never Drive at deviever.com

Might be too octave up for your needs... also, I've had experience with the FZ7, and hey... if that's the sound you like, then I say go get another one... I always thought it was a pretty unique lofi fuzz! They're pretty cheap still... right?

AFAIK, mine's still at the shop. I can go pick it up any time. I'll make $35 or so when it sells, and I'm just debating whether or not that's enough to justify selling it. :idk:

I paid $45 for it new and used it as my main fuzz for a while with an OD in front of it to boost it and get rid of the muddiness on the settings aside from 100% speaker damage.

I'll check out your site and listen to some of the demos. :thu:

Archived