analogman chorus or maxon cs550

Keith SIO

• Members

Is yours still for sale?

no sir. I'm sorry. But there is a used maxon cs-9 pro at the gc near me, thats what I sold my cs550 for. I thought about picking it up for myself (the second one) for my smaller board, but could get it for you if you wanted it? Its practically the same thing, just it has the blend knob instead of the cs550's trimpot for it.

• Members

no sir. I'm sorry. But there is a used maxon cs-9 pro at the gc near me, thats what I sold my cs550 for. I thought about picking it up for myself (the second one) for my smaller board, but could get it for you if you wanted it? Its practically the same thing, just it has the blend knob instead of the cs550's trimpot for it.

I am all about the cs550 or the dual chorus one...I dunno if maxon does one but I think ibanez does. Might be called a BC-9?? I dunno.

• Members

I am all about the cs550 or the dual chorus one...I dunno if maxon does one but I think ibanez does. Might be called a BC-9?? I dunno.

whats so special about the cs550? If you're understanding me, I'm saying that they are the same pedal control and sound wise...I a-b'd them. The bc-9 would be kinda cool, I thought about that.

• Members

whats so special about the cs550? If you're understanding me, I'm saying that they are the same pedal control and sound wise...I a-b'd them. The bc-9 would be kinda cool, I thought about that.

well, I guess what I am saying is that the CS550 makes me drool when I look at it. And if they r basically the same, I would still go with it. It would add to it's enjoyment for me. Looking down and loving what I see is nice to me. Although it is much bigger, I still think it is a sexy beast.

• Members

The BC9 rules hard BUT its not great for your no 1 chorus sound. Way to much saturation and its kind of overpowering. Go with something a little clearer first.

I loved my CE-2 for simplicity, but it lacked the warmth I want now. My CE-3 just goes further away from the CE-2 by lacking even more warmth and not having the tone I like. The Maxon sounds really warm and lush which is what I want.

• Members

Maybe you should try the retrosonic. The maxons are still kind of cleaner choruses that get pitchbendy but not super deep.

I was thinking it would be pretty cool to have a chorus that would be chorusy on a standard setting and then vibrato-ey?? on an extreme setting.

• Members

+1000 for the Retro-Sonic Chorus Ensemble. Best Chorus pedal I have ever owned. I just bought the Retro-Sonic Phaser, as well...and it is likewise FANTASTIC.

The Retro-Sonic Chorus Ensemble sounds just like the CE-1, except without the noise. If you are looking for mid '70s to early '80s vintage chorus sounds, the Retro-Sonic is the best of the best.

Cheers,

Deuterium

• Members

Maybe $180 but Im not sure. I know there was one at atomic a few weeks ago and it hadn't moved for a few weeks before that. Im sure you could bargain them down on it.

How is that place? I haven't made my way over to it yet. Tons of amps??

• Members

Tons of everything but its 100% hit or miss. Go every week and youll get tired of the same crap over and over. Go once every 6 months and it might be like {censored}ing 2002 britney spears on christmas morning.

sounds like a promising first trip. Easy to haggle with??

• Members

Haggling is such a personal thing that I dont know if its easy or not. I go in there and they dig through the back to find weird pedals to throw at me but if they dont know you they might not be so willing to cut prices for someone they have never seen. Be cool about it and Im sure you could do well enough. Take some trades in too, thats always a good idea.

• Members

Haggling is such a personal thing that I dont know if its easy or not. I go in there and they dig through the back to find weird pedals to throw at me but if they dont know you they might not be so willing to cut prices for someone they have never seen. Be cool about it and Im sure you could do well enough. Take some trades in too, thats always a good idea.

Yea gotta get a good rep before the deals come I suppose. Start small. Sounds like a fun place though.

Archived