lovetone ring stinger clone

bmast160

• Members

I had a part for part clone at one point and the one I had comes up for sale about once a year. There are really much better ring modulators for less money though. Unless you played a ringstinger and really liked it I would just get the moog for the same basic features.

• Members

Well for one, it has carrier bleed that is as loud as the regular signal and the ring modulation is extremely dirty so there are no clean ring mod sounds. The important thing to realize is that it DOES NOT have any of the sounds you probably like in your moog. Regardless, the only way you can get one is to wait for one of the 10 or so out there to come up for sale. Mine was sold recently by the guy I sold it to and he had it for well over a year. Good luck.

• Members

The one and only Lovetone Ringer Stinger is the greatest noise device of modern times. Nothing can match it's sonic intensity! The glorious Octave mode is modulated by the LFO!

With it's so many outrageous sounds the carrier bleed, only heard when your not playing, is insignificant.

The Ring Stinger has a drive control that goes from clean to dirty. Dirty ring modulation is a million more sounds then a regular ring mod. It's the only ring modulator that features Pulse With modulation.

There are countless beating clean and dirty rhythms from 5 VCO waveforms and Pulsed and Frequency LFO modulation that's foot switchable. Enabling a rhythm change switching the LFO on and off.

Ring mod users know how to replace the internal VCO with another sound source input to the Carrier and play that sound. Playing a dirty ring modded drum pattern in six pitches of your guitar chord is too much fun! :) FYI-You could buy the pedal from Lovetone in 2000 for $400.

• Members

I've owned an original Ringstinger as well and was wholey underwhelmed.

Having played through many ring mods in my time (from vintage EH to modern Moog to synth-based madness), the Ringstinger was thin sounding, hard to use, and way too big.

I got equally interesting sounds out of a Snarling Dogs Mold Spore.

If you're looking for some really useful ringmod tweakage at a reasonable price definitely check out http://www.copilotfx.com/main.html and the Antenna and Android.

Oh god, and how could I forget the Line 6 synth/filter modeler... way fun fo' sho, and you can _never_ go wrong with the Moog ring mod.

• Members

I actually couldn't agree more w/ the above post. The ringstinger like so many lovetone pedals is so overrated it's stupid. it's huge the sounds are dirty and lo-fi and never bell like. The mooger is a better ring mod, but the ringstinger is good as an octave fuzz, though the tracking isn't great. the clone looks more interesting to me....

Archived