Anyone looking for a mini tap tempo switch?

BTBAM

• Members

Well....the list has come and gone a few times over. It's has actually become quite the hastle because I mention I'm making an order...only get a several, then there are a lot more stragglers that ask for them after the fact. At this point I don't use my own money to buy the parts, I wait till people pay for me to get the parts to build. I still make them, but I'm trying to figure out a better way to do this. Maybe building a list in the thread before finally doing an order of them.

Why not just keep a list open until you get a set number and then order parts and so on. Or, if you can afford it, you could just buy a bunch of boxes and switches and build them as people want them, instead of having lists. It seems like there's sufficient ongoing interest to guarantee you'd sell them eventually.

• Members

Why not just keep a list open until you get a set number and then order parts and so on. Or, if you can afford it, you could just buy a bunch of boxes and switches and build them as people want them, instead of having lists. It seems like there's sufficient ongoing interest to guarantee you'd sell them eventually.

ya! these sound pretty cool! could definitely use one for my dd-5 and get rid of that junky fs-5u on my board.

• Members

Well, what kept me from doing this in the first place was not knowing if people would want them or not. sometimes i get a lot of messages, sometimes i dont. I've thought about going ahead and getting all the parts, but I always get nervous nobody will buy them once i do that.

Starting now, however. I will open this thread up to take names for a new batch.

If you want it, browse from here forward and then write a #, then your name. if someone above you is #2, you will be #3, and so on.

• Members

Hi Brian,
I will take four of them, as long as these function like normal momentary footswitches (exactly like the Boss FS-5U, I hope). I want to use them with my Digitech RDS8000, and then use the other one with my Analogman-modded EQ-20 ("EQ Tremolo"? bomb!). I'll send you a PM right now. These look perfect for my crammed pedalboard.

• Members

Hi Brian,

I will take four of them, as long as these function like normal momentary footswitches (exactly like the Boss FS-5U, I hope). I want to use them with my Digitech RDS8000, and then use the other one with my Analogman-modded EQ-20 ("EQ Tremolo"? bomb!). I'll send you a PM right now. These look perfect for my crammed pedalboard.

they are unlatching. silvers are 25, blacks are 30.

• Members

how long do they take you to build them?

Depends on the order size, how long it takes the parts to get in, and what I have going on in the real job and/or shows/class/etc. Sometimes I've turned them around in a week-10days. Other times it's taken a few weeks, but some of that is because of getting bum parts or the mail losing someones, or the holiday season.

• Members

how do you make them, For that price (no offense) I want to make my own!

Momentary switch, jack, wires and enclosure. It's not hard to do. It's also not a bad price, considering that $25 is about the same as a commercial momentary switch would cost, while being lower quality and way larger.

• 2 months later...

Archived