delay time?

marshalles01

• Members

might depends on your setup and which delay you use exactly, along with regen settings

BINGO, we have a winner. It'll depend on how many beats/min your song tempo is, if you want a tight slap back echo or a long delay, delay like the Edge (dotted eigth notes). Neal Schon uses 600 mS

• Members

there cannot be any hard and fast rules to this issue.. i tap-tempo with my dd-6 if i wanna be on the dot, and with my DMM i just twist the knob till it sounds good to me...

if you're not finding anything sweet, my best advice is just play around more with your dd-20...

• Members

I would say that around 250 ms you can play with anything, it doesn't have to match the song tempo, but I just tap a quarter note usually (probably about the same) I think the more important thing than the tempo is how you have it set. I like more repeats, a dry-ish mix, (with the repeats maybe half as loud as your signal) and I like to eq the repeats kinda dark, more bass than treble. That's how you get the huge sound, not like a U2ish delay, which is a lot more "noticeable", where the delay really effects what you play.

Archived