OT: Recently started seeing this girl...

TeleMan1985

• Members

Don't worry about the whole money/parents thing. {censored}, I'm turning 30 next year and I'm currently living with my parents again after a series of bad mishaps (illness/divorce etc). As I am here, I decided to work and do a second degree. Once that degree is done then POOF I'm out of here.

It's all cool.

Somebody else!! Thank Allah/Buddah/Yahweh/God/Flying Spaghetti Monster..

I am 27 living with my folks.. I pay a rent that is 1/3 of the household expenses (fair enough.)

My situation is that I am seeing my neighbor's youngest daughter who is 22. COmpletely out of what I normally look for.. she is kinda young, has two children, and is not as educated as I prefer.. But she is a good person and we get along famously. We shall see what comes of that.

• Members

Two words for you: joint account. :thu:

Make sure she's not a damn pyscho with a superiorty complex and you'll be fine - been there, done that! Was living with an older lady for 3 years and she earned stack loads more than me, I wasn't too bothered by it as long as I felt I was making a decent effort to pay my way. It was always split finances though so always that invisible barrier between us. She had issues though and it was good when I finally ended it.

These days my outlook is different. My wife is studying to be a nurse and will most likely command a greater salary than me. But our money is our money and as long as neither of us is threatening the roof over our heads we're good - and that's fine by me!

Besides, I had all my big gear before we met and that's a good position to be in!

• Members
... a few weeks ago and things are going really great. Thing is, I still live at home, spend most my money on gear and nights out and I don't have such a great job so am pretty poor anyway, and I'm not all that bothered about my career. Thing is this girl has her own place, is really career driven and is older than me and I just can't help feeling slightly inadequate. I don't know if this is like some deep-rooted insecurity bull{censored}, or just my ego saying "you're a man, you should be the one with the money and the power and stuff". Thing is, the logical answer is that she wouldn't be with me if she did care about that sort of stuff, but I still can't shake the inferior feeling sometimes. I mean, I know she likes me, but I just can't really work out why! Just wondered if any of you guys had been in similar relationships and how you'd felt about it. Lol, I know I'm gonna get some pisstake replies, so flame away! But some cheering up from guys in the know would be good to...
:idk:

l_726df79799f263d45250cd301c7549da.gif

• Members

orourke, not that I plan any kids any time soon, but do these musicians tend to be stay at home dads too? That's my biggest punch to the pride in terms of being the lesser earner.

The singer in my band has a young kid. I'm not sure what his family finance situation is. (He's a quiet guy, I don't know much about him). But to make a vast generalization, good dads generally make bad band mates.

"...true art is selfish and perverse."

Ludwig van Beethoven

• Members

Lol, you guys make me smile! Just to clarify a couple of points - I'm not some struggling musician guy. People put words in my mouth a bit there! I'm nothing more than a hobby guitarist, I do it for fun and I never see myself making a living out of it. I do the 9-5, it's just not that good a job and I'm still working out what it is I want to do in life. I do have some disposable income and I've paid my way so far. Basically, what it boils down to is, I've been in {censored}ty, crappy, farcical relationships all my life and I don't really fancy getting hurt again any time soon, especially by a girl I like this much. So I can't help but think about all the "Wheres this going" bull{censored}. But at the end of the day, I guess you don't get anywhere in life without putting yourself out there and taking a risk sometimes I suppose...

• Members

Basically, what it boils down to is, I've been in {censored}ty, crappy, farcical relationships all my life and I don't really fancy getting hurt again any time soon, especially by a girl I like this much.

you can't worry about that, if it turns to {censored} and you get hurt...that's what happens, it may happen through no fault of yours and there would probably be nothing you can do about it either....so stop thinking about it and just enjoy it.

• Members

you can't worry about that, if it turns to {censored} and you get hurt...that's what happens, it may happen through no fault of yours and there would probably be nothing you can do about it either....so stop thinking about it and just enjoy it.

I know that's the key really. You can't worry about the future or you're gonna be {censored}ed before the start. Must stop!

• Members

Yeah, at least you learn something that way...

yeah, and you'll never do anything if you are scared of this, worried about that, concerned about the other.

It's ok to be sensible and maybe a little cautious sometimes, but you can't go through life doing nothing because of fear. I always think "Well what is the very worst that can happen" and if I can live with that then I stop worrying about it.

• Members

yeah, and you'll never do anything if you are scared of this, worried about that, concerned about the other.

It's ok to be sensible and maybe a little cautious sometimes, but you can't go through life doing nothing because of fear. I always think "Well what is the very worst that can happen" and if I can live with that then I stop worrying about it.

You are now my newly appointed shrink! Seriously, makes perfect sense when you put it like that - just wish I could remember all this stuff when I get in a panic. The very worst that can happen is a bit of knock to my enormous pride - that is all I guess...

• Members
You are now my newly appointed shrink! Seriously, makes perfect sense when you put it like that - just wish I could remember all this stuff when I get in a panic. The very worst that can happen is a bit of knock to my enormous pride - that is all I guess...

exactly....and we've all been there and survived!!

:thu:

Archived