ZVEX Box of Metal High Gain Amp Showdown.

AuttumAttic

• Members

I find the Fender Twin can be pretty picky with gain pedals. I didn't really dig the BoM with that amp. Other than that, the BoM stood up pretty well to the other amps.

I agree...my secret for making a Twin work better with gain pedals...Drop a couple of Celestion Vintage 30's in it. It worked wonders for my Twin Reverb RI. No more of that high end tweetiness with my overdrives, fuzzes and distortions...and I like the clean even more for a wider variety of applications. Highly recommended. :thu:

• Members
You can turn off the gate, and yes, it has a threshold. It has its own footswitch. I just left it on most of the time to reduce hum and feedback. If you reduce the gain you can leave the gate off, and then it has about as much gain as the other amps (except the Dual Rec, which is just plain freaky.)

Sorry I wasted your time, I was being sarcastic because Kittie said the gate made the pedal suck or something like that (now Kittie will start trying to fight me because I didn't quote EXACT :cop:). I think the gate is a great idea.

Archived