What's been used to get this sound?

Kittie Rose

• Members

Yeah, definitely a bit of Chorus.

It doesn't quite "sound" like an acoustic sound though. It's very compressed and metallic. This is 1983 though so maybe that's what whatever acoustic simulators they had back then sounded like. The guitar on this sounds similiar, but a bit more like an acoustic simulator - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W40TijTL914&feature=related though I think that might be an EQ tweaked Mandolin??? :/

Maybe some knobs on it are twiddled funny? If you turn "TOP" all the way up...

• Members

It actually sounds more like a acoustic that's got a pickup installed and the output is going straight into the desk. Probably some rack compression but it sounds DI'ed to me. It reminds me of my old Yamaha APX-5A pickup.

agreed, it sounds like an acoustic with a soundhole pup to me, which compresser?? well as this was recorded in a studio it really could be anything....probably rack compression added by the producer afterwards.

• Members

doesn't seem like a pedal compressor at all... I agree with the acoustic pickup idea.

if you want to do this on electric, I say get the behringer acoustic sim, or there version/clone of a parametric eq... that would be teh cheapest way.

I think the LoFi in my sig can do that if you cut the lows and put gain near zero... but that woudl be more than the behringer options.

Archived