Crunch Box vs Ibanez TS-9

shock me

• Members

Anyone compare these pedals? I was thinking about getting the crunch box and running it through the Clean channel on my crate palomino v32 2x12. This evening I tried a TS-9 through the Gain channel set around 1-2 o'clock on the amp. The TS-9 drive 2o'clock, level 1 o'clock, tone 8 o'clock. That sounded decent, a little too much on the middy side that I couldn't really dial out.

I am just wondering if the crunch box is going to sound very similar. I haven't tried it in person. I would rather lug around the crate to practice and use a distortion pedal to accomplish old school metal, use my half stack for gigs.

• Members

Ive compared a cb and a ts808

the cb is a distortion, tighter and WAY more gain than the ibanez

ibanez is an overdrive, smoother sound. (loses a bita bass and adds the midhump)

they sound a bit different. the cb has plenty enough gain to use with a clean channel.

hard to say if the cb into the clean channel would sound anything like the ibanez boosting the drive channel :idk:

• Members
Anyone compare these pedals? I was thinking about getting the crunch box and running it through the Clean channel on my crate palomino v32 2x12. This evening I tried a TS-9 through the Gain channel set around 1-2 o'clock on the amp. The TS-9 drive 2o'clock, level 1 o'clock, tone 8 o'clock. That sounded decent, a little too much on the middy side that I couldn't really dial out.

I am just wondering if the crunch box is going to sound very similar. I haven't tried it in person. I would rather lug around the crate to practice and use a distortion pedal to accomplish old school metal, use my half stack for gigs.

R U stoned kid??:confused:

• Members

I run my TS into my CrunchBox!! Set the Crunchbox for low to medium gain, the Tubescreamer to boost with just a touch of gain and the two of them together is NICE! Seperately, they are two different beasts. The Crunchbox is an awesome beast though! My TS-9(808) will never leave my board as it can be used alone for Overdrive or with just about any overdrive I can throw at it.

• Members
I run my TS into my CrunchBox!! Set the Crunchbox for low to medium gain, the Tubescreamer to boost with just a touch of gain and the two of them together is NICE! Seperately, they are two different beasts. The Crunchbox is an awesome beast though! My TS-9(808) will never leave my board as it can be used alone for Overdrive or with just about any overdrive I can throw at it.

:thu:

TGIH!:evil:

Archived