OT: Should I see Dinosaur Jr. tonight???

MegaTom

• Members

The doors open in an hour and a half and it costs $25. And I've never seen Dino Jr. before. I'm not too eager to leave the house tonight, but if they are the sort of band that one must see before I die or they quit, then I'll probably go.

So what do ya say? Should I stay, or should I go???

• Members

Yes because Dinosaur Jr write great songs, have cool equipment and are the biggest slackers in the world.

No because their live sound is really bad, J Mascis plays bad solos that completely lack dynamics everytime they play live and they're not as loud as people say they are.

• Members

Actually, I'm not too sure where I put those plugs. I hope they aren't lost... they're very expensive.

Where does one get a decent set of disposables after 5pm on a Sunday? Drug store?

Walgreens here sells boxes of them (probably 20 or more in a box) for pretty cheap, the white foam kind, in the shape of a cylinder. These tend to afford more protection than even the pro ones, although they dull things down quite a bit. I use them religiously at loud concerts. I've only been to two concerts that were tolerable without plugs this year.

Archived