What pedal to achieve EVH Brown Plexi Tone?

agradywills

• Members
:freak:
IMHO, thats not a very good representation of a "brown sound". Something is just not right with that tone. Maybe its the recording or the washing of effects in the mix.
:confused:
Or Both!!!

Well, if that's not the "brown sound", that's the tone I'm looking for. So sweet.

• Members

My 2cents:

Tube amp with a little bit of dirt then kick in a MXR Distortion+ with distortion knob just over the 12 o'clock position will put you in the ballpark. I do this with my Blues Deluxe. I have the gain on the amp maxed (on this amp it only gives a bit of dirt, much like the Bassman it was copied from) before I kick in the pedal. Completely unexpected but very lovely.

• Members

The guy on youtube is all "stock amp my ass"

It's possible that it is a stock amp, on 10 with variac, with a bunch of eq pushing the amp harder (look at the pictures from Japan 1978...he's got like 3 eq pedals at various stages)

• Members

OMG.......
:eek:

Which tonebone? The Classic or Hot British?

That was the Classic. I also have the Hot Brit, but it doesn't do that tone.

I am the Internet Sales director for Dan's Guitars, who is a Radial dealer, so if you are looking to shop for gear, I would love the opportunity to earn your business, and give you a bit of Aloha for your new acquisitions.

You can check out the store's website at: www.dansguitars.com

I am still updating the store's site, but feel free to e-mail me regarding whatever you may be thinking about, at sales@dansguitars.com

Also feel free to visit my personal website at www.zachpetersen.com, and visit the FAQ page for some pretty cool articles and videos, and VERY cool info, manuals etc...

Thanks,

Zach

Dan carries TONS of great stuff that you can't find at GC and the likes

pedals6.JPG

pedals2.JPG

pedals4.JPG

pedals5.JPG

pedals7.JPG

pedals8.JPG

pedals.JPG

• Members

Great sounds, man
. But really you have a f*cking sweet amp. So, really, the pedal's just icing.

That is true the Mojave Peacemaker is a great amp.

Here is a video a friend of mine did, with his little setup (Mojave Coyote w/ his amp on clean), to give you an idea of how much tone is actually in that pedal: The Tonebone demo is toward the end. :thu:

[YOUTUBE]8MePWYq2RfM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
That was the Classic. I also have the Hot Brit, but it doesn't do that tone.

I am the Internet Sales director for Dan's Guitars, who is a Radial dealer, so if you are looking to shop for gear, I would love the opportunity to earn your business, and give you a bit of Aloha for your new acquisitions.

You can check out the store's website at:
www.dansguitars.com

I am still updating the store's site, but feel free to e-mail me regarding whatever you may be thinking about, at
sales@dansguitars.com

Also feel free to visit my personal website at
www.zachpetersen.com
, and visit the FAQ page for some pretty cool articles and videos, and VERY cool info, manuals etc...

Thanks,

Zach

Dan carries TONS of great stuff that you can't find at GC and the likes

pedals6.JPG

pedals2.JPG

pedals4.JPG

pedals5.JPG

pedals7.JPG

pedals8.JPG

pedals.JPG

Thanks man. Appreciate that.

Archived