Analog delay?!?!?

richedie

• Members

Hey guys!

Anyone out there still prefer to gig with an analog delay over a digital delay? I am thinking of going back to analog even though I would not have tap tempo. I never use tap tempo live anyway since I use subtle delay and the audience doesn't notice.

Rich

• Members

I don't think you'll have any trouble finding analogue delay fans on this forum :D

I like the analogue echo sound but most of the time they don't have the delay times I need. Maxon AD-999 might be the exception....but in any case, it's much more cost effective for me to have an analogue-esque delay like a DE-7 or something. The sounds are very close but the delay time range is much greater, and I doubt anyone in the audience could tell that I was using a digital delay vs an analogue. My awesome tone would be there to cover for any (non existent) "digital nasties" too.

I'd still like an AD-999 some day though.

• Members
Hey guys!

Anyone out there still prefer to gig with an analog delay over a digital delay? I am thinking of going back to analog even though I would not have tap tempo. I never use tap tempo live anyway since I use subtle delay and the audience doesn't notice.

Rich

The Memory Lane is an analog delay with tap tempo should you decide you need both.

• Members

yeah, the analog-voiced digital delay would be the way to go if you're not picky.. i use an analog and a digital on my board for a bit of versatility, but actually would also be happy with just one if it could cop both pristine-repeat and decaying sounds

• Members

I have 3, and they go from digital, to analog-voiced digital, to pure analog. Wouldn't imagine playing without them. If you're looking for a purely good sounding delay, go with the Digilog. They're a little expensive, but you will never hear anything bad about it. No tap tempo or anything, but yeah.

You won't get tap tempo on an analog delay unless you're willing to spend the big bucks ($300.) I think Maxon makes the AD9-pro, which has tap tempo.

Archived