WHAT'S THE SECRET TO GEORGE L'S

pbone

• Members

you need to check them. Stick one jack into the amp's input. Then touch the end of the other jack. If it makes a big buzz, then it's working. If not, take it apart and try again.

thats what i used to do. It's handy....and it helps...but i HAD to switch cables. IN the end when you're live, you don't have time to sit down with clippers and test and retest.

• Members

thats what i used to do. It's handy....and it helps...but i HAD to switch cables. IN the end when you're live, you don't have time to sit down with clippers and test and retest.

i would not use george L's or any solderless plugs for that matter when playing live. You can have the best solderless plug or whatever... but if it fails, you're f*cked.

• Members
GRRRR

they don't even work.

This sucks.

:mad:

I'm using right angle plugs. Help me!

Cut them as strait as possible with a pair of really sharp clippers and then use a pair of needle nose pliers to GENTLY reshape the clipped end into a relatively even circle. Firmly stick them in the hole and fasten them down.

The right angled one's are pretty easy, but the straight pin can be tough...too many turns and you break the ground...not enough and you don't pierce the insulation.

I ended up just soldering my George L cable with Switchcraft ends and I've had really great results with them (after a couple of years of steady touring the solderless end pins started coming loose from the road vibration).

Keep at it...you'll get the hang of it. :thu:

Archived