Finally got an E

opultaM

• Members

Roadhouse. With the Socketed ICs, which I find I can't tell the difference between. All 4 sound the same to me...amazing. It's almost annoying because I keep thinking "Wait, did I like THIS one better or the OTHER?" but in the end I think you could probably give me a blind taste test and I'd have no idea which is which.

But apart from that, yeah this thing is pretty damn awesome through my american deluxe strat and a SF Vibrochamp. A little comp in front. Can't wait to stack it with the OD channel on my F100.

• Members

I like tubescreamers

Me too.

OpultaM: using a non-FET input IC (like a 4558) will yield a darker tone since it's not buffered (chip or circuit) - a brighter/livelier tone can be had with a FET input chip like a TL072 or 82, the BB OPA2134PA, et al.

Edit - not just any IC, opultaM, but a dual opamp.

• Members

What you should do is go to Mouser electronics or other supplier.

Select semi-conductors fromt the product list and put the IC part number in the field.

It will bring up that product or equivalents and there will be recommended substitutes.

Find one and go to the column that says data sheet.

That will give you the assignments of the pins so you can be sure that you are using a suitable chip along with the specs and dimensions etc.

It will require some thought to make sure you have the right one when matching.

Archived