What pedal does this???

Zachman

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Around 2002 I bought an Eventide Harmonizer for $5000. I bought it for its pitch shifting abilities and in this recording you hear arpeggiated notes using a combination of delay and pitch shifters. The Orville has 8 pitch shifters in it =D I sold the Harmonizer and bought a DSLR camera and lenses. This was the only recording of me that I know about using this effect. Maybe one day I'll buy another"

its probably just your backhanded attempt at hyping rack gear that no one wants, but yeah.

• Members

"Around 2002 I bought an Eventide Harmonizer for $5000. I bought it for its pitch shifting abilities and in this recording you hear arpeggiated notes using a combination of delay and pitch shifters. The Orville has 8 pitch shifters in it =D I sold the Harmonizer and bought a DSLR camera and lenses. This was the only recording of me that I know about using this effect. Maybe one day I'll buy another"

its probably just your backhanded attempt at hyping rack gear that no one wants, but yeah.

no, a friend of mine was asking the question and I have no idea, I doubt something exists that'll do it, but I figured you guys may know of something.

The idea that no one wants what is arguably one of the most famous devices, found in every major studio around is funny though

[YOUTUBE]IeroDKOR2BI[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I read somewhere that eventide was talking about putting this type of stuff in a timefactor/modfactor style pedal but I was never able to officially confirm it.

I was told that they were planning that and it was in their R&D department, but no release date info as of yet.

• Members

that Eventide harmonizer is insane.
I remember watching a demo video of it, and the guy played in pretty much random notes and then the harmonizer just auto pitched everything to the key of C.

Thats cool and all, but wtf? why would you honestly want to do that?

suppose its good for those kids cant play, or think they can.

• Members

thanks zachman. now i have eventide gas again :(

i dont get some peoples hatred for all things rack.

its not about the sounds someone else gets from it,

its the potential sounds YOU can get from it.

its like watching a country player using a tele, saying you hate tele's cos of the way that particular guitar was used.

this place is beginning to be full of old farts moaning about 1's and 0's.

• Members

The first one is just an ebow with delay on it. Nothing really special.

The second one sounds like a PS-3 on mode 7.

Third one sounds a lot like some of the Space Station presets.

Fourth one was too boring to get through.

Can you send me links -audio clips- of the ps-3?

• Members

Can you send me links -audio clips- of the ps-3?

I don't own one anymore and it's way too much of a bitch to find one on youtube due to all the Playstation videos, but I'm sure someone around here has one. There's enough threads about them.

• Members

I don't own one anymore and it's way too much of a bitch to find one on youtube due to all the Playstation videos, but I'm sure someone around here has one. There's enough threads about them.

yeshh thats trueee dows it sounds like the second audio clip?

i want to listen to one!

• Members
hmmm all those clips sounded dreadful to me except the last one "
blackhole"

the others sounded pretty dated imho

Well, since this wasn't about your perception of good or dreadful, rather what pedal may do these types of sounds... Thanks for a relatively useless comment :rolleyes:

• Members
thanks zachman. now i have eventide gas again
:(

i dont get some peoples hatred for all things rack.

its not about the sounds someone else gets from it,

its the potential sounds YOU can get from it.

its like watching a country player using a tele, saying you hate tele's cos of the way that particular guitar was used.

this place is beginning to be full of old farts moaning about 1's and 0's.

;)

You get it, I know... There are others who do too, but then there those who are sport trolling and will NEVER admit to the fact that the devices such as Eventide can be dialed in to get other sounds by adjusting settings- then just the ones that some find to be dated.

Not only Nazi purists are commenting on the binary issue but several indie grungers, who are going retro and using old pedals to get sounds that are far more dated, if not-just as dated then what they're whining about re: rack gear and it's useage.

• Members
;)

You get it, I know... There are others who do too, but then there those who are sport trolling and will NEVER admit to the fact that the devices such as Eventide can be dialed in to get other sounds by adjusting settings- then just the ones that some find to be dated.

Not only Nazi purists are commenting on the binary issue but several indie grungers, who are going retro and using old pedals to get sounds that are far more dated, if not-just as dated then what they're whining about re: rack gear and it's useage.

...off he goes...

• Members
NO PROBLEM HONEY!
:thu:

Nope, No problem-None at all, you are very uneventful. Your lack of contribution toward anything useful is mostly predictable, and expected, so when I see your posts and their lack of substance- it isn't surprising, at all. :thu:

• Members

where as you preach like a sales rep for eventide to the great unwashed?

i've worked as an engineer in a recording studio so i have a pretty good idea what rack gear can do,sometimes it's impressive but it soon gets old,much like your posts!

laterz!

• Members
The first one is just an ebow with delay on it. Nothing really special.

The second one sounds like a PS-3 on mode 7.

Third one sounds a lot like some of the Space Station presets.

Fourth one was too boring to get through.

I'll look into those, THANKS... :thu:

• Members
where as you preach like a sales rep for eventide to the great unwashed?

i've worked as an engineer in a recording studio so i have a pretty good idea what rack gear can do,sometimes it's impressive but it soon gets old,much like your posts!

laterz!

For someone who claims they've worked in a studio the concept of dialing in devices, and or choosing to use them selectively sure does seem foreign to you. I blame a lot of the over-usage and over processed tone settings of gear such as Eventides, in the 80's- on studio engineers, so... :p

Of course, since you're only sport trolling- the old arguments that you're using, and your lack of contribution toward the thread topics are what appear to me, to be what are old and tired.

I mean really... it isn't like you didn't know it was a thread of mine, and it isn't like you couldn't read the thread title.

As someone who claims to work in studios, one would think you could be a bit more informative regarding the comments you chose to make, but I doubt seriously your claims of much studio work, other than perhaps answering phones, and running for sandwiches and coffee.

YOUR credibility is in question, due to a lack of substance in your posts.

LATERZ, errand boy :wave:

Archived