Best od/distortion for Jcm800

surfcat

• Members

Got one recently-great when cranked but down low it needs a little pedal help. So far my Rat II is the only one I like with it. I also have a Direct Drive, Fulldrive II, and Blue Collar. The Rat just adds a lot of bite and crunch that the others don't-maybe they'd be better with it turned up as a boost, which is good to know too-what pedal do you use with it? Never tried a Ds-1-some people seem to like it. Is it similar to a Rat or Direct Drive?

• Members
i just lost an auction for a jcm-800.
:mad:
if i had won i could help you.
:cry:
unfortunately i can't.

i'm sorry, it's very small of me to be jealous, but i am

I lost out on a Jubilee and another Jcm-keep at it. I actually went the cheaper route and got a combo for about half what the heads are going for-it has the vertical inputs. I like the idea of easier portability too. The Jub got sold locally for $1200-I was a day late-didn't see the ad in time.:cry:

• Members

I've tried dozens of pedals in front of my JCM 800, and the best I've ever heard with it is the ZVex Super Hard On.

Is the SHO much different than the comp-cut mode on a Fulldrive II, which is basically a boost anyway? I was also wondering about the Box of Rock-everyone seems to think they're great with Marshalls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Expensive : TC Electronic Booster/Dist in boost mod. Better than anything else I tried so far (including SD-1, BD-2, Rat, SHO, TS-9, TS-808 etc...).

Cheap : Zoom Power Drive with all knobs on 12 o'clock. Righteous tone. No need to tweak, no need to think twice about, it just sounds great right away.

• Members

Since people are suggesting the SHO, why not go for the Box of Rock? It's got a booster very similar to the SHO built in, and then the whole other circuit for the overdrive...plus the vexter isn't priced to badly either.

Archived