3rd day this week that i missed school...

bluehuricane

• Members

I'm kind of a dork. I like school. I wasn't really serious about school in HS. My parents pay for my schooling so I think it'd be a slap in the face to do bad. Also I hear my classmates/peers talking about how hard it is for them to pay for school on their own. I'm really blessed to have my parents pay for my tuition. I'm currently saving to study abroad in Australia for a year. I don't want them to pay anything of it. They already do so much for me, It would be retarded for them to pay for this experience.

that's awesome, but a little word of advice for you buddy...

my fiancee's parents paid for her school and because of it she never had a student loan or anything of that nature. She also never got a credit card since her parents told her not to. Because of that she never established any credit while she was in school. we've been graduated for three years now and she's having trouble getting credit since she has no credit history. Despite the fact that she's super good with money, she can't get a card.

moral of the story, try to build some credit now while it's easy. Just be very careful with those things. they can make ya or break ya.

• Members

that's awesome, but a little word of advice for you buddy...

my fiancee's parents paid for her school and because of it she never had a student loan or anything of that nature. She also never got a credit card since her parents told her not to. Because of that she never established any credit while she was in school. we've been graduated for three years now and she's having trouble getting credit since she has no credit history. Despite the fact that she's super good with money, she can't get a card.

moral of the story, try to build some credit now while it's easy. Just be very careful with those things. they can make ya or break ya.

but don't forget credit isn't really 'credit' it's DEBT.

if you look at it like that you might be glad you don't have it!! :)

i'm bloody glad I don't have a credit card.

• Members

but don't forget credit isn't really 'credit' it's DEBT.

if you look at it like that you might be glad you don't have it!!
:)

i'm bloody glad I don't have a credit card.

truth!

too many students think it's free money, not realizing that they eventually have to pay it all back.

However, if you're responsible, it'll definitely help you in the long run when it comes time for mortgages, houses, and cars and those types of things. If you're irresponsible, well you can forget it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

it is college, but it's through a program called running start. i'm 17 and a junior in high school, i go to one class at my high school and three at the college, the school pays for it, and so far my grades are fine. i missed a lot last semester too... but i'm getting the hang of committing myself.

Archived