Penny Pedals - Ummmm, Is it me or...?

Kid_A

• Members
i'm not sure i agree...

I just listened to the fingerprnt and low fuzz... i swear i couldnt tell them apart...

What am I doing wrong? The wall of sound the fingerprint is meant to be just sounds like another fuzzish pedal???
:confused:

• Members

Nuances stand out to some where they don't to others.

It's the reason why dozens of Tube Screamer, Fuzz Face, Big Muff variations can be successfully sold by... well, everyone who builds them.

Same goes for anything else in the guitar gear world.

I'm surprised people are still commenting on stuff like this.

You would think years of gear whoring and chatting on the forums would open your ears to the fact people are more sensitive to particular sounds where other people are not.

• Members
I just listened to the fingerprnt and low fuzz... i swear i couldnt tell them apart...

What am I doing wrong? The wall of sound the fingerprint is meant to be just sounds like another fuzzish pedal???

:confused:

I know what you are saying they aren't massively different to my ears, and no i'm not a fan of the sound they make either...it's just not my kind of fuzz.

but they look pretty, what more do you want eh?? :poke:

• Members

You would think years of gear whoring and chatting on the forums would open your ears to the fact people are more sensitive to particular sounds where other people are not.

The question "is it me?" implies that he's open to the concept. That doesn't mean his ears, or mine for that matter, are sensitive to some distinction or another. Or that the clips are the best samples.

• Members
if by out of tune, you mean my {censored}ty playing... then yes!

also, a lot of clips are recorded in E flat, and on the same amps. the LowFuzz and Fingerprint are extremely different.

thanks for checking them out though! think they need new clips?

Oh i dont doubt they are two fantastic pedals, just reading the descriptions the fingerprint was totally up my street, then i played the sound samples and it was just meh... I was gutted, im sure it sounds a zillion times better in person.

Devi, I hear what your saying but anything that im into (wall of sounds/whacked out stuff) i think we are all pretty much on the same wavelength, i just felt like it never jumped out at me... When i think wall o sound i think mogwai/mbv, those clips just sounded, well, just plain normal and bland.

Like I said im not having a pop, i was desperatly wanting to fall in love with the sound and I just felt let down. But judging from the posts it seems i might be a minority...

Been off the forums for a while may of damaged my hearing...

:(

• Members

They are incredibly affordable and hold their value well, plus you would be supporting a cool pedal maker as well as the incredible art talents of laura bennett.

My suggestion, if you are considering getting one, but the sound samples aren't really doing it for you... buy one, try it out, if you don't just love it to death, sell it.

In the end, everyone wins! :love:

• Members
They are incredibly affordable and hold their value well, plus you would be supporting a cool pedal maker as well as the incredible art talents of laura bennett.

My suggestion, if you are considering getting one, but the sound samples aren't really doing it for you... buy one, try it out, if you don't just love it to death, sell it.

In the end, everyone wins!
:love:

i think your taking what im saying as a negative thing its not, im ust a little confused to what i was expecting to hear... dont need to "sell" the pedal to me ;)

sadly i cant afford to drop cash on things to tryout unlike Sheridan from sweden up there :p

Has anyone got a fingerprint who can show us more demos?

• Members
i think your taking what im saying as a negative thing its not, im ust a little confused to what i was expecting to hear... dont need to "sell" the pedal to me
;)

sadly i cant afford to drop cash on things to tryout unlike Sheridan from sweden up there
:p

Has anyone got a fingerprint who can show us more demos?

It's all good my friend. Just saying that it wouldn't be a financial risk to give it a shot, but I understand if you don't have the cash to spare.

Archived