Best Volume Pedal

krisnrg

• Members

I'm selling my ME-50 and I need to buy a volume pedal. I hear great things about the Ernie Ball Jr. but seems like the Visual Volume has great features for the money. What do you guys think?

Also I'm thinking about buying a Korg DT-10br (the black one). I read that it comes with the daisy chain cable but it doesn't say if it comes with the power adaptor. If it doesn't where can I buy it and how much is it? I haven't seen any Korg adaptor cables...

• Members

I personally like the VP-JR, or any Ernie Ball volume. I love the feel of the cord system - it's very smooth in feel and sound, and they're built really well. The tuner out is also useful. I hear good things about Boss volume pedals and Morley's Little Alligator, as well, you might want to check those out, particularly if you want a minimum volume control for rhythm-lead/lead-solo.

:thu:

• Members

Im surprised you guys don't have much to say about the Visual Volume. It's kinda ugly (The Morley looks cool) but it can be used in passive or active modes. You can also use it as stereo or mono, you can plug two guitars in and switch between them and it has the 10 LED volume indicator. Also has a clean boss pre-amp in active more. Seems like it has pretty good features. I wish it was prettier lol

• Members

I'm in the market for one too, and from my research, the Morley LA doesn't seem like the best bet for swells.

Check the Boss FV-500, Ernie Balls, or Morley Volume Plus.

I think if you want it for shorter swells, like Steve Vai's Whispering a Prayer (that being what I've seen him use it for), the LA's probably great. If you want longer, smoother swells, like John Petrucci does, I find the Ernie Ball works really well (he uses one). For swells, I find it works best post-gain, or ideally, like both Petrucci and Vai, in the effects loop (Ernie Ball 25k as opposed to 250). Unfortunately my amp doesn't have a loop :(:p.

Here's a couple of my favourite example of volume swells:

[YOUTUBE]e2uklZ7_C5s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4yUUCRJGdko[/YOUTUBE]

:thu:

Archived