DMM XO available very soon.

tubezipper

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well he is comparing the different versions of Memory Men, if you will. Regular vs. XO

Understood. But if the XO DMM is merely the DMM in a smaller enclosure (or even if it's not) it's gonna most likely be a great sounding delay. If it sounds good it sounds good. I mean absolutely no ill by this, but I think that a matter of a couple inches in each direction on a pedal board is really splitting hairs. It's all a matter of personal preference though.

• Members

Well, judging by how tight some of the PBs are around here, a couple of inches could be the difference between a snug PB, and a PB with a jack hanging off the side waiting to be stepped/smacked/something dropping on it and breaking it off in the pedal and possibly damaging the pedal. Worst case scenario, but still likely.

• Members

From my understanding, the EU is getting the new enclosure about now, and the US once the current supply of DMMs are gone, which is estimated to be about 6 months. Who knows, could be less if there's a run on them. Could be more if people decide to wait for the new enclosure.

• Members

It's deceiving, and I can't do the math here, but I bet you the old one is about 25-30% bigger overall. You can fit a couple of slender pedals in this space, or wiring - on a tight board it could make a difference.

• Members

58 % smaller.

Side jacks are an issue, but I find my Polyphase and my SMMH much easier to place on a board (without using custom cable lengths) than my Frequency Analyzer. Partially because of having side jacks.

same here. I would have NEVER believed there would be this much bitching about an xo dmm.

And where the {censored} is our xo frequency analyzer?

• Members

Yeah, and really, chances are you're going to place it beseide another pedal that has side mounted jacks, and if you slightly offset them like I do so that the 2 right angled plugs are vertically side by side instead of horizontally side, your still saving a lot of space, because that space would be there even if you had the big sized DMM right there.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
anyone still have a picture of this thing?? can't seem to find one

here it is in the flesh (pics thanks to mr. puretube)

E-H_2008_0826.jpg
E-H_XO_nano0828.jpg

EDIT: no it's fake! no it's photoshopped! no it's not gonna happen, no it's all lies. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived