D E A T H - BY - A U D I O -comments?

bmast160

• Members

I will make you a short video of the evil filter later but what about buying me a good camera so i can make you some better videos! I hate the quality of my cellphone cam and i am allways more into buying pedals then electronic stuff...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I require clips and review of the Interstellar when you get it.

Require.
:mad:

Hi,

I recorded soundclips of the DBA Interstellar Overdrive Supreme.

Here they are:

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=FW0AAQQ1

You'll find 3 folders:

1- Demos of the "normal" channel: the one on the right.

The several clips were recorded with different gain settings. The pics illustrate the settings used.

2- Demos of the "multi" channel: the one on the left

3- Demos of both channel engaged at the same time. I chosed to set the right channel at max volume and gain for the recordings but ma,ny more sounds are available.

Pardon the lack of inspiration and the bad playing (I burnt my second finger with a soldering iron an hour sooner ! :'( )

It's a great pedal but I'm actually selling it: I have an Okko Diablo overdrive that suits my needs better and for the rest, I'm looking for something crazier... that's what I ordered a Soundwave Breakdown a few days ago. :evil:

I'd love to read a review or hear soundclips of the Robot though. The ones on AnalogHeaven only show the crazy side of the pedal and I'm sure you can do a lot more with it.

Kayzer : Are you the one who sold or bought the Evil Filter that was on eBay germany a few weeks ago ?

• Members

Hi,

Here they are:

You'll find 3 folders:

The several clips were recorded with different gain settings. The pics illustrate the settings used.

3- Demos of both channel engaged at the same time. I chosed to set the right channel at max volume and gain for the recordings but ma,ny more sounds are available.

Pardon the lack of inspiration and the bad playing (I burnt my second finger with a soldering iron an hour sooner ! :'( )

It's a great pedal but I'm actually selling it: I have an Okko Diablo overdrive that suits my needs better and for the rest, I'm looking for something crazier... that's what I ordered a Soundwave Breakdown a few days ago.
:evil:

I'd love to read a review or hear soundclips of the Robot though. The ones on AnalogHeaven only show the crazy side of the pedal and I'm sure you can do a lot more with it.

Kayzer : Are you the one who sold or bought the Evil Filter that was on eBay germany a few weeks ago ?

You are amazing. Welcome to the forums. Those clips are tremendously helpful! The site is right, it does sound better the louder it gets. What rig were you playing it through? Sounds like I couldnt' use it as standalone drive, but as a In-Case-of-Emergency-Rock-Serious-Balls drive, it sounds perfect. Gritty, raunchy, saturated. :idea:

• Members

Hi,

Here they are:

You'll find 3 folders:

It's a great pedal but I'm actually selling it: I have an Okko Diablo overdrive that suits my needs better and for the rest, I'm looking for something crazier... that's what I ordered a Soundwave Breakdown a few days ago.
:evil:

Jep i sold the evil filter a week ago! I still have it at home and ship it tomorrow...

Haha and good to read that you love your Okko diablo the same way i love mine;)

• Members

After owning the DBA Evil Filter for about 2 weeks i can say it never ever worth 380 Dollars! This was one of the most dissapointing pedals i have ever owned!!! It was so stupid that it not even worth to shoot a video or make some clips...!!!!!

• Members

After owning the DBA Evil Filter for about 2 weeks i can say it never ever worth 380 Dollars! This was one of the most dissapointing pedals i have ever owned!!! It was so stupid that it not even worth to shoot a video or make some clips...!!!!!

Can you please give more details about why you were disappointed ?

Without having listened to it, I think that it's too bad not to have a footswith per effect inside the pedal, only little switches which makes it difficult to use it at its full potential on stage.. :confused:

I'll tell you how the Soundwave Breakdown is in a few days.. I hope it'll be good ! I liked the different sounds it produces in the 2nd soundclip on the DBA website so I guess I'll like it..

• Members

It sounded like a cheap wah wah with some really cheap fuzz!

I like noise pedals but this pedal doesent worth more than 50 bucks IMO...

ZVEX stuff is a million better to get freaky sounds...

Im done with DBA after this evil filter thing...

• 3 months later...
  • Members

:(

Thats unfortunate. I think some of their stuff looks pretty cool.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

what do you recommend for a really good feedback looper....i like my overdrive and distortion and fuzz that i have but i just want to be able to have them feed back...id prefer to not have to put my distortion/overdrive/fuzz in the loop of the pedal tho...i want to be able to use them without them feeding back sometimes.

http://www.bargeconcepts.com/vfb1.html

• Members

good thing to know...

Archived